Maybe old news...

#1CthulhuforpresPosted 8/5/2011 7:57:55 AM
but I received this email from Best Buy this morning.

Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions surrounding a price match to the announcement thatNintendo released around the price drop of the 3DS consoles.

At this time, if you make a purchase of the Nintendo 3DS,these free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program.

As long as you have made the purchase within the price match period which is 30 days, all you would need to do is take the receipt into your local store for a price match.

For more instructions on the downloadable games, you can visit Nintendo directly at:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fttgI7OsQIB1tZqRMa5CtT45KLrmNkAY

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Hope B.
Best Buy Consumer Relations
Case # 88880783

Seems to me that Nintendo is probably okay with the loophole because they really want to sell the 3DS.
---
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
#2PokeMasterPosted 8/5/2011 8:37:14 AM
"Seems to me that Nintendo is probably okay with the loophole because they really want to sell the 3DS."

The 'loophole' has nothing to do with Nintendo.
It is an American pricing policy guarantee which is non-existant in most other countries.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton, TotA, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2