iPhone / iPod Touch will stunt handheld gaming sales this generation.

#1XFactor1Posted 8/5/2011 11:16:17 AM
Apple products have more multimedia features and the games are much cheaper. There's no comparison for listening to music/taking pictures, browsing the web on the iPod/Phone against listening to music and taking pictures on a 3DS.

I saw some adult gamer walking around taking pictures in Niagara using his 3DS and it looked absolutely sad and pathetic.

Parents buying things for their kids are more likely to buy a $1-2 iPod Touch / iPhone games than $40 for each 3DS/DS/Vita/PSP game.

Nintendo should have improved the screens on the 3DS. They are still not meant to be touched by human fingers while the iPods/iPhones are.
---
--
#2LightHawKnightPosted 8/5/2011 11:19:53 AM

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69560/smartphones-not-to-blame-sluggish-3ds-sales-says-iwata

Here's an article that was posted just today:

"We have repeatedly investigated whether social games, as well as smartphones, are actually affecting our business," Iwata told investors (via CVG). "We got the same results in our latest research that there are no causal correlations.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#3Marcster1994Posted 8/5/2011 11:32:44 AM
Seriously? You can't "game" on a phone as well as a Gameboy/DS/PSP/etc can.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440
B/W FC: 0819 4333 0352
#4VampireRoninPosted 8/5/2011 11:33:29 AM
I agree that iOS is seriously threatening to turn dedicated handheld gaming into a niche market, but I think your opinion of 3DS owners is loathsome. There's nothing wrong with using your 3DS to take 3D photos, and you're talking out of your ass to say so.

Also, there are inherent problems with iOS/Android platforms that you're choosing to ignore, and these problems are what will keep traditional gamers on their dedicated platforms.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 8/5/2011 11:36:09 AM
Not to mention, those cheap games you can play on the IPhone suck hard. There's a reason why gamers use handhelds/consoles in the first place.
#6VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 11:43:09 AM
Its funny the TC's main point for even posting was swatted down in 2 seconds
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#7ZeroVoid2Posted 8/5/2011 1:07:00 PM
I dunno, I have no desire to pick up a 3DS or a Vita because I do most of my portable gaming on my iPhone/iPad. I can only speak for myself, obviously, but they have certainly kept me from buying into a new hand-held generation.
---
...facing off against an opponent of deadly nature makes me feel slightly inside, that I am in fact a Cerabrate taking orders for Kerrigan. ~ Plasma Swordsmen
#8VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 1:09:34 PM
i couldnt even imagine playing such inferior games ( IMO) as my main source of portable gaming honestly.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#9ZeroVoid2Posted 8/5/2011 1:11:00 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
i couldnt even imagine playing such inferior games ( IMO) as my main source of portable gaming honestly.

I'm just curious, what games have you been playing that are so "inferior"? Sure, there are loads of simple diversion-type games, but not every game is Angry Birds or Cut the Rope.
---
...facing off against an opponent of deadly nature makes me feel slightly inside, that I am in fact a Cerabrate taking orders for Kerrigan. ~ Plasma Swordsmen
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 1:18:19 PM
Zelda Freek posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...

I'm just curious, what games have you been playing that are so "inferior"? Sure, there are loads of simple diversion-type games, but not every game is Angry Birds or Cut the Rope.

Ive played zenonia, chaos rings,plants and zombies, I played about 30 minutes of infinity blade, amongst other things

And I was reaching for my gameboy (no joke)
---