There is three one million sellers on 3DS now

#11KMAnsemPosted 8/5/2011 2:51:58 PM

I'm sorry - do you cut the price of a system that's successful four months after release? And does the CEO say that such "major moves are necessary"?

That doesn't mean the system is failing. It just means they're gearing up to compete with the Vita.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#12nintendoggerPosted 8/5/2011 2:55:03 PM
Nintendogs is so amazing. I have OoT but haven't played it because Nintendogs is taking up my time. That and I've only had it for 3 days. LOL. Still not surprised it's number one. It's an easy game to pick up.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#13queirotacobellPosted 8/5/2011 3:03:41 PM
plus nintendogs has like 3 different versions
---
GT: Queirotacobell
3DS: 1805-2174-5606
#14VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 3:11:06 PM(edited)
KMAnsem posted...
I'm sorry - do you cut the price of a system that's successful four months after release? And does the CEO say that such "major moves are necessary"?
That doesn't mean the system is failing. It just means they're gearing up to compete with the Vita.

bingo

Theyve said point blank sales were good. But if they wanted to reach the new goal of 16 mil in a fiscal year (which is an insane goal) , 250 dollars as a price wouldnt cut it
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#15NyyarkPosted 8/5/2011 3:39:24 PM
Total sales have been good. However the sales numbers are massively front loaded. It sold alot up front, and then not much more.

Which is not good, the 3DS needs its sales to be jump started. I figured it was all ok, and they'd pick up when more games or christmas rolled around, but Nintendo obviously thought otherwise.

Perhaps they had concern that the 3DS sales for the quarter would look horrible, as there isn't much coming out before this one ends, so they had the price cut to drive sales up before that cut off.
#16VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 3:43:20 PM
theres a bunch of things coming out............overclocked, cave story, star fox, doctor laurec , pokemon rumble in japan, and probably more.

But a price drop is still what was required when 250 was so wrong.

So far the worldwide sales whether front loaded or not are still very good. And on pace with whatever forecast nintendo has.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#17Skul_Posted 8/5/2011 4:33:01 PM
Hopefully this should show 3rd parties they can get good sales through the 3DS.
---
Newest Game: FE: Radiant Dawn Wishlist: 3DS, SSFIV3D, Zelda:OOT3D, Ghost Recon: SW, Zelda Skyward Sword.
I like pie. With sauce on it.
#18PhantomSwordPosted 8/5/2011 4:45:42 PM
Vita is NOT the problem. The problem was that sales were falling. The 3DS was doing badly, so they reinvigorated it. If it were selling well, then they would've had no worry to worry about Vita.

Here, let's put it this way - Nintendo themselves said it was doing badly.

Heck, Iwata gave it a four month timeline for sales to pick up (because it's doing badly), as that's when the games are coming out.

Seriously, people.

The sales SUCK. Nintendo themselves said that after the initial fervor it started doing badly. I have literally never seen anyone this clou- no, wait, atheists and religious zealots. You people are insane.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.