If Nintendo made a super metroid 3d classic remake...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If Nintendo made a super metroid 3d classic remake...
5 years ago#1
How would this make you feel?
5 years ago#2
Hm. Zelda and Metroid really ARE opposites.

First real remake (okay, remastering) of a Zelda games (OoT) doesn't change much.
First of a Metroid game (Zero Mission) changes a lot.

Etc., really.

Reason I brought that up? I'd prefer a full remake of Super Metroid. Zero Mission is the best Metroid game, imo. Couldn't get past the first parts of Super. It's archaic and needs fixing.
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
5 years ago#3
Good, if it was the 3D like Excitebike. Bad, if it was "Other M" 3D remake. Good, if it was a "Mega Man X8-like" remake.
5 years ago#4
Super metroid, 3d, enhanced controls, improved graphics? I'd take it.
One day, Nintendo decided to put Mario into the world of Metroid. Alas, he was no match for the mighty Geemer.
5 years ago#5
darkbringer3d posted...
Super metroid, 3d, enhanced controls, improved graphics? I'd take it.

3D Classics don't improve graphics.
5 years ago#6
theshoveller posted...
Good, if it was the 3D like Excitebike. Bad, if it was "Other M" 3D remake. Good, if it was a "Mega Man X8-like" remake.

Other M isn't a remake of anything.
5 years ago#7
PhantomSword posted...
theshoveller posted...

I'm referring to if they remade Super Metroid into a game that played like Other M. Mega Man X8 isn't a remake of anything, either, but it's what I was going for - 3D graphics and polygons, 2D gameplay that stays pretty true to the original.
5 years ago#8
theshoveller posted...
PhantomSword posted...
theshoveller posted...

I'm referring to if they remade Super Metroid into a game that played like Other M. Mega Man X8 isn't a remake of anything, either, but it's what I was going for - 3D graphics and polygons, 2D gameplay that stays pretty true to the original.

Um, you mean Zero Mission-like, then.
5 years ago#9
I mentioned 3D classic so no, not a full blown remake. Just sprites tiled on different layers that offer similar 3D to excitebike and such.
5 years ago#10
PhantomSword posted...
Um, you mean Zero Mission-like, then.

Eh, not really, but I guess it'd be close enough of an approximation. Even if they didn't redo levels, and instead just made Samus, enemies, and a few bits and bobbits there polygons instead of sprites, then that's cool too.

A Zero Mission-like remake would also be cool. Pretty much, don't change the gameplay too much - I'd be a bit worried if they even made it like Prime, which I liked.

Edit: Same exact game, with 3D sprites like that freebie Excitebike they gave us? Then sure, I'm all for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If Nintendo made a super metroid 3d classic remake...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived