If Nintendo made a super metroid 3d classic remake...

#1_Candice_Posted 8/5/2011 1:06:55 PM
How would this make you feel?
#2PhantomSwordPosted 8/5/2011 1:09:54 PM
Hm. Zelda and Metroid really ARE opposites.

First real remake (okay, remastering) of a Zelda games (OoT) doesn't change much.
First of a Metroid game (Zero Mission) changes a lot.

Etc., really.

Reason I brought that up? I'd prefer a full remake of Super Metroid. Zero Mission is the best Metroid game, imo. Couldn't get past the first parts of Super. It's archaic and needs fixing.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#3theshovellerPosted 8/5/2011 1:10:08 PM
Good, if it was the 3D like Excitebike. Bad, if it was "Other M" 3D remake. Good, if it was a "Mega Man X8-like" remake.
#4darkbringer3dPosted 8/5/2011 1:10:52 PM
Super metroid, 3d, enhanced controls, improved graphics? I'd take it.
---
One day, Nintendo decided to put Mario into the world of Metroid. Alas, he was no match for the mighty Geemer.
#5PhantomSwordPosted 8/5/2011 1:11:50 PM
darkbringer3d posted...
Super metroid, 3d, enhanced controls, improved graphics? I'd take it.

3D Classics don't improve graphics.
---
#6PhantomSwordPosted 8/5/2011 1:12:26 PM
theshoveller posted...
Good, if it was the 3D like Excitebike. Bad, if it was "Other M" 3D remake. Good, if it was a "Mega Man X8-like" remake.

Other M isn't a remake of anything.
---
#7theshovellerPosted 8/5/2011 1:13:52 PM
PhantomSword posted...
theshoveller posted...

I'm referring to if they remade Super Metroid into a game that played like Other M. Mega Man X8 isn't a remake of anything, either, but it's what I was going for - 3D graphics and polygons, 2D gameplay that stays pretty true to the original.
#8PhantomSwordPosted 8/5/2011 1:14:43 PM
theshoveller posted...
PhantomSword posted...
theshoveller posted...

I'm referring to if they remade Super Metroid into a game that played like Other M. Mega Man X8 isn't a remake of anything, either, but it's what I was going for - 3D graphics and polygons, 2D gameplay that stays pretty true to the original.

Um, you mean Zero Mission-like, then.
---
#9_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 1:17:06 PM
I mentioned 3D classic so no, not a full blown remake. Just sprites tiled on different layers that offer similar 3D to excitebike and such.
#10theshovellerPosted 8/5/2011 1:18:30 PM(edited)
PhantomSword posted...
Um, you mean Zero Mission-like, then.

Eh, not really, but I guess it'd be close enough of an approximation. Even if they didn't redo levels, and instead just made Samus, enemies, and a few bits and bobbits there polygons instead of sprites, then that's cool too.

A Zero Mission-like remake would also be cool. Pretty much, don't change the gameplay too much - I'd be a bit worried if they even made it like Prime, which I liked.

Edit: Same exact game, with 3D sprites like that freebie Excitebike they gave us? Then sure, I'm all for it.