Complete list of possible ambassador NES games

#21Hay_StackPosted 8/5/2011 4:19:14 PM
I was going to mention the other accessories, but I see you fixed your list.
---
Who am I? I'm the scariest motherf***er you ever gonna meet. I'm Cook-Cook, b****, better not forget it. http://tinyurl.com/6bv99n8
#22VyersPosted 8/5/2011 4:27:11 PM
megaman3ds posted...
I'd say Metroid and Kid Icarus are pretty solid guesses. I doubt they'll give us multiple games from the same franchise (i.e. 2 super mario games, both Zelda games).

I could see them throwing Duck Hunt in there as well, since it was packaged with Super Mario Bros back in the day and because it would work well with the stylus. (Maybe too well...I don't know)

I still don't think 3rd party NES games are out of the question either, thought obviously it's a lot less likely.

Straight emulation of Duck Hunt would be impossible on 3DS.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#23JeraleepPosted 8/5/2011 4:53:32 PM
i bet we see a kirby title on the nes.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
#24jayman7Posted 8/5/2011 4:55:14 PM
There was only one Kirby title on the NES, and as I previously pointed out, it got a remake on the GBA, so we can't discount the possibility of it being one of the GBA titles instead.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#25Sirian_HawkPosted 8/5/2011 5:12:58 PM
I want Ice Hockey! I really don't care for sports games but that one was fun. The slow fat guy running over the little toothpick skinny guys was awesome.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#26NyyarkPosted 8/5/2011 5:22:58 PM
I'd guess the lightgun games are out. Also if we get Kid Icarus, we'll like get metroid or vise versa, as they use the same engine, and thus could use the same emulator.

I never understood why they didn't release mother on the VC, as it costs next to nothing to host a game. However I do understand that the Emulators had difficulty running the game, so maybe it was/is hard/expensive for nintendo to code a emulator for the game.
#27jayman7Posted 8/5/2011 5:29:12 PM
Nyyark posted...
I'd guess the lightgun games are out. Also if we get Kid Icarus, we'll like get metroid or vise versa, as they use the same engine, and thus could use the same emulator.

Why wouldn't they all use a common emulator?

I never understood why they didn't release mother on the VC, as it costs next to nothing to host a game. However I do understand that the Emulators had difficulty running the game, so maybe it was/is hard/expensive for nintendo to code a emulator for the game.

It was difficult to run on an emulator because it was designed not to be run at all. Mother was never released in America. They had to bypass the security measures.

Also, Earthbound's music ran into some copyright troubles, IIRC. It's possible Mother had the same problem.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere