Will the 3DS price drop be applied immediately to retail stores? (Canada)

#1thaer_dudePosted 8/5/2011 4:17:23 PM
I asked at Futureshop, Best Buy and Zellers today and all I received were vague responses; apparently, they haven't even heard of the price drop.
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#2thaer_dude(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 5:03:19 PM
Bump for help :)
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#3MicroOmegaManPosted 8/5/2011 5:05:44 PM
Well, they all should change the price in their computers and on their displays before they open for business for August 12th.

In other words, you should be able to buy one anywhere for the new lower price on August 12th.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#4Sirian_HawkPosted 8/5/2011 5:07:10 PM
I just bought the system today and while there (Futureshop) the guy told me that next week the price was going down and that I can bring back the receipt then for the price match. So yes it will be applied then.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#5thaer_dude(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 5:09:24 PM
Thanks for the confirmation! I might buy one tomorrow.
---
#6Betelgeuse28Posted 8/6/2011 12:05:29 AM
Costco is already selling them for $169.99 right now, if that is an option for you.
---
PSN= Betelgeuse2855
#7hardy_83Posted 8/6/2011 5:49:09 AM
Retailers will never fully tell you about price drops.
They want you to buy it at the price it's at and hope you don't know about the stores price policy.

Never think the retailer is there for your benefit.
#8thaer_dude(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 10:20:15 AM
Betelgeuse28 posted...
Costco is already selling them for $169.99 right now, if that is an option for you.

I called my local Costco just to ask what the price was, the guy was like "we can't give the price over the phone". Besides, I don't even have a membership.

hardy_83 posted...
Retailers will never fully tell you about price drops.
They want you to buy it at the price it's at and hope you don't know about the stores price policy.

Never think the retailer is there for your benefit.

Yeah, I know. =/ I just want to make sure that it's certain that the price will drop on the expected date, because if I mess it up I'll be stuck with paying an extra $70.
---