So I'm in search of a good Zelda game... Need help please

#1Slipknot2430Posted 8/5/2011 6:50:41 PM
I am currently playing OoT on 3DS and love it. I got Phantom Hourglass on Ds but returned it because I didn't like the whole touch pad thing to get him to move and pick things up. I want another good Zelda game. I also have the first Zelda on the NES. Which other Zelda game is worth getting? It doesn't matter what system it's on. I want to get Majora's Mask on 64 but I thought a few days ago someone said it might be coming onto the 3ds at some point.

Can someone please recommend me a good Zelda game please. Thanks
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#2Pit107Posted 8/5/2011 6:58:14 PM
Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, A Link to the Past (on SNES and GBA. The GBA version also comes with Four Swords, but you'd need someone else with the game to play it with), Four Swords Adventures, and I would suggest Spirit Tracks, but if it's the touch controls in Phantom Hourglass that bothered you, you won't like Spirit Tracks. Link's Awakening (on the Virtual Console), Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages are also probably good, but I haven't played them yet. I'm sure the first 2 are good if you don't mind them being older games. So basically every game.
---
"Watch out for Dr. Eggman! Him and his homophobots won't stop at any cost to ruin Sonic's plan to celebrate his new lifestyle!"-iGiac
#3Retrostarman87Posted 8/5/2011 7:03:51 PM
Majora's Mask is the next logical step for you to take. I guess you could wait for the obvious 3DS version coming out, but I don't expect it soon, so I suggest getting a N64. There are several other games that you will want to play on N64 as well, so might as well get one.

Your second option is Twilight Princess. TP is alot like Ocarina of Time in many ways.
---
The Gamecube was totally underrated.
People who Agree: 78 Tell me if you agree!
#4Sol_ClydePosted 8/5/2011 7:10:28 PM
Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past.
---
"Iwata say one God
"in the game, still has 10 hours to 20 hours without a battery and a game I would not make sense at all""
#5Slipknot2430(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 7:11:08 PM
I already have a N64. And I don't mind playing older games. I mean I sometimes play my Atari 7800 more than my PS3... Is Links Awakening going to be part of the free games we get or will it be a different Zelda game?
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#6kingmathyouPosted 8/5/2011 7:12:45 PM
Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are must plays. Link to the Past is also amazing and I am also a huge fan of Oracle of Ages on gameboy color. These are all fantastic games that you NEED to play. Nothing tops OoT though.
#71shadetail1Posted 8/5/2011 7:13:33 PM
Link's Awakening isn't NES or GBA, so it definitely won't be one of the Ambassador games. It's currently available on the eShop.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8strongo9Posted 8/5/2011 7:40:54 PM
If you own a Wii get Twilight Princess. You can pick it up for $20 new. You can get the GC version, but the Wii version is better

Also pick up Skyward Sword for the Wii when it comes out later this year.

A Majora's Mask remaster for the 3DS is in the realm of possibility, so you may want to wait and just play other Zelda titles until then. If not, get it on the Wii VC or on Zelda Collector's Edition game for the GC.

Link's Awakening DX can be bought on the eshop for just $6. It's very fun and is not outdated despite being a GBC game.

If you own a GC (or a Wii and a GC controller), get The Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures. If you didn't like sailing or art style in Phantom Hourglass you may not like WW.

You obviously don't like the style of Phantom Hourglass, so I wouldn't recommend Spirit Tracks. I still think you should give PH more of a try though. It's still very fun despite having nontraditional controls. Spirit Tracks is the better of the two DS Zeldas.

If you own a GBA, DS [Lite], or a GC and GBA player, get The Minish Cap and A Link to the Past. Just wait a little while longer before you MC, it could very likely end up being one of the ambassador GBA games. The Four Swords multiplayer game from LttP will become a free DSiWare game in the future. Look out for that.

Skip Adventure of Link. It's the worst in the series. It was a bad attempt at a Metroidvania style Zelda game. If you decide to get the Zelda Collector's Edition game on the GC for Majora's Mask, this game is included.

The last two games are Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. These are very similar to LA DX in style. Just wait until these inevitably are added to the 3DS VC.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/5/2011 7:42:35 PM
Twilight Princess.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#10MrFwibblesPosted 8/5/2011 8:25:51 PM
The best ones are A Link to the Past and Wind Waker. Any that came after Wind Waker are garbage.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.