Is 3DS even worth getting?

#21lambchipsPosted 8/6/2011 6:14:28 AM
Cave_Lion posted...
You should quit handheld gaming if you didn't like the DS.

this
ds has a beast library (something i never thought i would say... since i hated the ds back in the days)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#22Megaman OmegaPosted 8/6/2011 6:50:07 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
I don't even know how one can not be fully satisfied with the DS, it has so many games to play.

This
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#23L0L_FAQPosted 8/6/2011 6:56:19 AM
TC, buy it from Wal*Mart on the 9th and you'll get it for $170, which will allow you to claim your 3DS ambassador status as well! Or just do the price match trick at Best Buy... In either case, there is and should only be one reason necessary to convince any sane person to buy a 3DS:

SUPERRRR SMASH BROTHERRRRRS!
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10x7xxl.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2rm9quq.jpg
3.33GHz i7 Extreme, 16GB RAM, 4x HD6990
#24cadmasterPosted 8/6/2011 7:15:56 AM
Save your money and get ipod touch. It does more than 3ds and it is much slimmer. It fits in your pocket. Plus people will not mock you cuz ipod touch has no kiddy image stigma. Instead it has bonno dancing with the music stigma which is COOL! Ladies love men with ipod touch because it is fun and sexy. You can

- use gps
- type in notes
- take picture
- take video
- create panorama
- view files
- listen to music
- play games
- use calculator
- watch weather forecast
- watch stock stats
- use compass
- language translation
- voice translation
- image editing/graphic design
- vpn into your computer

So much more than 3ds can do. Beside all those apps are free. If those apps are available on 3ds, nintendo will charge you.
---
Game Collection - http://users.ign.com/collection/ScourDX
Game Photos - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v27/scourdx/collection/
#25Latino_KingPosted 8/6/2011 8:40:23 AM
Pretty much what he said.

iPod Touch will lead the world of handhelds in the years to come.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#26LightHawKnightPosted 8/6/2011 9:12:23 AM

Save your money and get ipod touch. It does more than 3ds and it is much slimmer. It fits in your pocket. Plus people will not mock you cuz ipod touch has no kiddy image stigma. Instead it has bonno dancing with the music stigma which is COOL! Ladies love men with ipod touch because it is fun and sexy. You can

- use gps
- type in notes
- take picture
- take video
- create panorama
- view files
- listen to music
- play games
- use calculator
- watch weather forecast
- watch stock stats
- use compass
- language translation
- voice translation
- image editing/graphic design
- vpn into your computer

So much more than 3ds can do. Beside all those apps are free. If those apps are available on 3ds, nintendo will charge you.

With the crudy battery life, it can't even do half or those stuff after an hour. If those apps were available on the 3DS and they actually gave me money for them, I would not want them at all. My 3DS is for gaming and gaming alone, none of that bullcrap that wastes battery life and is utterly useless on a gaming device built for gaming.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#27VampiricDragon_Posted 8/6/2011 9:14:02 AM
the idea that phones will kill handhelds is almost as funny as the idea that pc's and the amount of people who own them someone will kill consoles
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#28Natureboy99Posted 8/6/2011 9:34:57 AM
Untitled108 posted...
Yes. Or no. Depends on how patient you are.

Yeah I agree. If you can hold out for Vita you might be more satisfied with your purchase. 3DS is worth it a lot more now though at that price point, especially if you get into the ambassador program too. Personally I'm still holding out for Vita. My DS is enough for me now (layton series).