Do screen protectors affect the 3D?

#11Al3Ox3Posted 8/6/2011 10:04:32 AM
I do as well I was kinda skeptical because of people with bad experiences but i took the risk in getting hori and I was not let down in anyway. You just got to put them on right and Hori made it really easy with their 3ds screen protectors
---
Not removing until Majora's Mask 3D is released
GT:Don Pedr0x, PSN:DonPedrox
#12Starwars4JPosted 8/6/2011 10:04:47 AM
nintendogger posted...
I listened to the people who recommended the Hori ones, and was severely let down.

You were let down how? You've said now twice that you don't like them, but not once why you don't.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#13nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2011 10:06:47 AM
I put em on right, (had to shift for some bubbles) and hate it. Something got stuck in between when I did it and it actually scratched my screen. AND to top it off, only way to remove it is by using tape and basically "waxing" your screen for a half an hour.

I recommend getting some kind that isn't as permanent as the Hori ones.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#14Starwars4JPosted 8/6/2011 10:10:25 AM
nintendogger posted...
I put em on right, (had to shift for some bubbles) and hate it. Something got stuck in between when I did it and it actually scratched my screen.

Erm...so the Hori screen protectors suck because you got something stuck between them and the screen? Wouldn't that be an issue with...any screen protector?

AND to top it off, only way to remove it is by using tape and basically "waxing" your screen for a half an hour.

I recommend getting some kind that isn't as permanent as the Hori ones.

Most screen protectors actually ARE permanent, they use a glue (which is terrible for the screen itself) and can't be removed and reused, unlike Hori. Yes it can be a bit difficult to get them off (I discovered the same "waxing" technique to use) but at least they can be removed and reused. And really, would you want screen protectors that come off easily?
---
#15nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2011 10:15:40 AM
I'm obviously bitter because it scratched my screen, the 2nd day I owned the system.
If it works for you guys great, that is great. I'm just describing what happened to me for TC.
---
Proud female gamer.
#16Starwars4JPosted 8/6/2011 10:20:14 AM
nintendogger posted...
I'm obviously bitter because it scratched my screen, the 2nd day I owned the system.
If it works for you guys great, that is great. I'm just describing what happened to me for TC.

Well I am sorry that happened to you, I'm a little OCD about my screens myself. I recently got my 3DS back from nintendo to be repaired for the whole bottom screen touching the top screen mess. Unfortunately the top screen came back with the screen protectors removed (and returned in a bag) but with a nice large horizontal scratch on the top screen! Let's just say I had that winging its way back to nintendo (with their apologies) ASAP.

So while I can sympathize with your situation and how you feel, it sounds more like just a ****ty situation than the screen protectors themselves being poorly made. Hopefully though your scratch isn't too big?
---
#17nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2011 10:24:03 AM
Starwars4J posted...

Well I am sorry that happened to you, I'm a little OCD about my screens myself. I recently got my 3DS back from nintendo to be repaired for the whole bottom screen touching the top screen mess. Unfortunately the top screen came back with the screen protectors removed (and returned in a bag) but with a nice large horizontal scratch on the top screen! Let's just say I had that winging its way back to nintendo (with their apologies) ASAP.

So while I can sympathize with your situation and how you feel, it sounds more like just a ****ty situation than the screen protectors themselves being poorly made. Hopefully though your scratch isn't too big?

It's not anything huge, it's like a weird squiggle. Of course, my eye always looks at it because it make me angry. LOL I'm sure I'll get used to it.

That said, do you think I'd be able to send mine in? The warranty made me think I couldn't, but if you had Hori's on and sent it in...
---
Proud female gamer.
#18Starwars4JPosted 8/6/2011 10:28:39 AM
nintendogger posted...
That said, do you think I'd be able to send mine in? The warranty made me think I couldn't, but if you had Hori's on and sent it in...

Absolutely, having a screen protector (third party...apparently there are officially licensed screen protectors) does not void the warranty. I asked this before I sent it in. What I wasn't told however is that they will remove any third party devices (in my case the screen protectors) when they fix the system. They did however return them to me in a clear plastic envelope along with the system though.

I actually had no idea there were licensed Nintendo screen protectors for the 3DS and immediately went to google. Apparently they're the Power A brand, and while reports for them are pretty good, there's one minor issue: they use a glue to stick, meaning they are not reusable. And frankly I've heard some people say the glue itself isn't wonderful for the screen, though I'm not positive if that's correct.
---