Torn between the two colors.

#16speednissanPosted 8/6/2011 11:12:47 AM
I'm picking one up next Friday, but I keep flip flopping on what color I want. I like the black because it doesn't look so much like a toy, but the blue is just a cool looking color. I imagine the blue is better for hiding fingerprints. Do they both have a glossy finish? Then I hear rumors of the black hinges being loose. Someone help me out.
#2PokeMasterPosted 8/6/2011 11:15:51 AM
black.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton, TotA, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2011 11:16:30 AM
I have blue, and have noticed that part of the paint is actually coming off. O.o I've had it three days...
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#46speednissan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2011 11:18:57 AM

I have blue, and have noticed that part of the paint is actually coming off. O.o I've had it three days...

Thanks for the post. I forgot my local Best Buy has a blue display unit. I'll stop in and see how the finish is holding up after several thousand kids beating the hell out of it.
#5nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2011 11:20:38 AM
6speednissan posted...
Thanks for the post. I forgot my local Best Buy has a blue display unit. I'll stop in and see how the finish is holding up after several thousand kids beating the hell out of it.

It's actually weird, it's like this small hole where the paint is missing, seemingly burned off.

BTW I tried to check my BB blue, but you can't see the top because of how they have it nailed in!!

That said, I do like the blue still. Haha.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#6Simon_IsturizPosted 8/6/2011 12:53:52 PM
Depends.

The black always looks good. Open or closed, and in any lighting condition. The blue sometimes looks kinda wonky at specific angles in light. However, if it's just right, the blue looks a million times better than the black.
#7mortal_snowPosted 8/6/2011 2:05:58 PM
I prefer blue because I like different and unique colors. If that's you, get blue. If you like standard black technology devices, go with black.
---
Jesus lives!
Go Braves!
#8MightyenaPosted 8/6/2011 2:09:04 PM
I have both colours, but I prefer the Blue one. Before I bought the blue one, I saw a display unit at Best Buy and thought it was so ugly. A little while after that, I ended up buying it anyways and I definitely like it a lot more than my black one.
---
Pokemon Diamond: Name: ADAM
Code: 3093 3580 8523
#9Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/6/2011 2:13:34 PM
nintendogger posted...
6speednissan posted...

It's actually weird, it's like this small hole where the paint is missing, seemingly burned off.

BTW I tried to check my BB blue, but you can't see the top because of how they have it nailed in!!

That said, I do like the blue still. Haha.

False. The units are held on by magnets and a wire. Just pull or slide upwards to get it off.

That said, I have the blue one and it's sexy. But most of it is now covered with an awesome Zelda OoT case...
---
http://jbeebe.wordpress.com/
Please, call me FF.
#10xCha0sPosted 8/6/2011 2:21:45 PM(edited)
i recommend the black one. if you're worried about being unique, you can always add stickers, decals, cellphone straps, and a million other things to it, to make it look unique and you. plus, once all the other colors come out if you got the light blue one you might regret it. you'll never regret black. out of every colored console ive gotten, ive regretted it at least once EXCEPT black. if you get the ps vita as well, it only comes in black, keep that in mind as well.

heres an example of what i mean:

http://assets.decalgirl.com/assets/items/n3ds/400/n3ds-z33dark.jpg

see? you can accessorize it quite easily, but it looks better if its black from the start if you do that.