If I buy the 3DS now...

#1AshWilliams78Posted 8/7/2011 6:16:36 AM
For $249.99 before the price drop happens will I get the 20 Free game downloads they promised? If yes can I download them now or will I have to wait for the day they officially drop the price?
---
ShopSmart,ShopS-Mart - Names Ash....Housewares
#2strongo9Posted 8/7/2011 6:26:18 AM
You must connect to the eshop to be eligible to receive the games when they release. The 10 NES games come out on September 1st. The 10 free GBA games come out later this year.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#3AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 6:29:33 AM
Have they mentioned what games they will be?
---
#4FrankGrimeyPosted 8/7/2011 6:31:07 AM
Check the sticky.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#5AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 6:36:28 AM
Yeah I just did. I also noticed that they're dropping the price on the 12th. Guess I can wait another 5 days to get it.
---
#6FrankGrimeyPosted 8/7/2011 6:38:34 AM(edited)
But you don't get the games, unless you do a price match....that's the trade off. Buy @ 250 get games. Buy @ 170, save 80.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#7Untitled108Posted 8/7/2011 6:43:20 AM
Glay posted...
Yeah I just did. I also noticed that they're dropping the price on the 12th. Guess I can wait another 5 days to get it.

I know it's frowned upon by almost every 3DS Ambassador, but have you thought about making use of the loophole where buy the system, get on the eshop, then price match at the place of purchase? Being a 3DS owner since day one, I obviously can't do this, but if I had the chance, I would totally go for it... *preps flame shield*
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#8nofxcrackerPosted 8/7/2011 6:47:23 AM
Untitled108 posted...
Glay posted...

I know it's frowned upon by almost every 3DS Ambassador, but have you thought about making use of the loophole where buy the system, get on the eshop, then price match at the place of purchase? Being a 3DS owner since day one, I obviously can't do this, but if I had the chance, I would totally go for it... *preps flame shield*

Day 1 owner myself. You sir, are a jackass! Just kidding!

Go for the price match if you can. Ask the salesperson where you buy it if they will match the price after the price drop. If they do, then buy it now and get $80 back on August 12. You'll get the best of both worlds, a cheaper 3DS and 20 free games. If they won't, then you'll have to choose between getting 20 free games or saving $80.
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/7/2011 6:49:26 AM
There is a rumor that they will go on sale at Walmart on the 9th for 170$. I haven't gotten confirmation, because I don't see a Sunday ad, but I'd look into it. As for me, I'm doing the price match loophole with Best Buy.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#10AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 6:59:54 AM
Well I'm getting it at Gamestop since I have a $100 Gift Card.
---