Be honest, is this thing worth getting?

#1ComplexStar101Posted 8/7/2011 8:34:52 AM
Because I'm considering it
#2SShredder565Posted 8/7/2011 8:38:38 AM
Right now? It depends on you're gaming tastes and patience.

After the price drop and when Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus: Uprising come out around Christmas time.. definitely.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 8/7/2011 8:38:39 AM
wait til xmas, theres currently jack all for it
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#4nintendo3000Posted 8/7/2011 8:39:13 AM
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Animal Crossing

Something to look forward too.
---
Okamiden magnets... HOW DO THEY WORK?!
#5JackstinPosted 8/7/2011 8:39:34 AM
If you have a DS already, probably not at this point.

If not, go for it! It's certainly worth having in the future.
#6cvmckenziePosted 8/7/2011 10:11:06 AM
I seriously, honestly and truly think its as good as handheld gaming gets this gen just based off idea implementation alone. I have ridge racer, dead or alive, ghost recon, street fighter, and of course zelda 3d. All of them are entertaining, immersive and put together very well.

In fact, one thing they have in common, especially since theyre out this early in the console lifespan, is that they all show that 3ds will be king come march of next year. Nintendos gonna get a big boost at christmas, but soon as people start to see this thing working in their hands everyone is going to want one.

Theres no way to play anything i mentioned, compare it to psp, gc, wii, or ds, and not be blown away. Theres no way to not be mesmerized when you look into a game world from any perspective you want just by tilting or turning the unit in your hands.

Hell, it more or less proves that all the "smartphones will crush this" kids have no idea what theye talking about in the welcome screens to the games i mentioned.

I also have dinosaurs 3d as well as steel diver. Theyre okay, but are more...acquired tastes that may put you off before you find their charm.

Good luck in deciding, i hope you get one and spread the word.
---
The mod training video needs to be longer and much more detailed.
#7JP_SartrePosted 8/7/2011 10:22:54 AM
If you own any hand held system whatsoever at this time- NO. I would NOT reward N by purchasing a unit that was poorly thought out, poorly designed and poor build quality.

Boycott the release 3DS and hope N learns from it.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#81stbasemanbeckPosted 8/7/2011 10:27:00 AM
JP_Sartre posted...
If you own any hand held system whatsoever at this time- NO. I would NOT reward N by purchasing a unit that was poorly thought out, poorly designed and poor build quality.

Boycott the release 3DS and hope N learns from it.

You could buy it used though. Personally I don't want to support Nintendo and am at least through with supporting them until next console generation. And I've never been a fan of touchscreen controls so even the original DS doesn't appeal to me that much. But this thing does have some awesome looking games on it (awesome looking in terms of gameplay, graphics other than the 3D effect aren't as strong as Vita will be). Resident Evil Revelations seems like a mustplay game, as does Kid Icarus and Mario Land. I say get one used but no rush because a lot of the good games are still to come out.
---
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..
#9General_DodannaPosted 8/7/2011 10:27:56 AM
if you are considering buying right Now... look at the press release on the Ambassador program and ebay and Amazon for low prices on new units (they are coming in close to the lower price just watch the deliver by estimate)

if none of the Ambassador games interest you just get one on the 12th...

I feel it is worth getting wether you have a DS or not.... but I know there are a LOT of people that would advise otherwise...
#10MightyenaPosted 8/7/2011 10:30:11 AM
I have 2 3DS' and i think it's totally worth it. I have 5 retail games and a bunch downloaded. If u buy it now u get 20 free games. If u buy it later this week it is cheap. It's up to u when u buy it, but in my opinion, it's totally worth it.
---
Pokemon Diamond: Name: ADAM
Code: 3093 3580 8523