Don't raise your hopes for SMA4 and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

#1cheeseyrox2Posted 8/7/2011 11:27:07 AM
We know how they were "deconfirmed", but now I think it's pretty unlikely that they will be on the official list. I just got an e-mail from Nintendo's Customer Service department...

Hello,

Thank you for writing back. While we listed Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 as games that would be available, I can confirm they are not on the official list of games. Below, is a link to that press release that has all of the correct information:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fttgI7OsQIB1tZqRMa5CtT45KLrmNkAY

We apologize for any confusion.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/

The part in bold makes me think...that maybe the information that came from e-mails was indeed incorrect rather than a leak. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#2Kawaii MikagePosted 8/7/2011 11:28:38 AM
Under non-disclosure they'd have to say this either way.
While I don't believe the leak, you can't take this at face value either.
They're basically denying that it was announced, not the truth of it, if any.
---
-Sara
#3jesse7150Posted 8/7/2011 11:32:18 AM
the official list of games is just what they've said so far, not the final list of games.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#4stromvancouverPosted 8/7/2011 11:33:41 AM
"Nintendo 3DS price drops to $169.99, as great value and new 3D games come together

2011-07-28"

Thank you for bringing us this breaking news.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#5cheeseyrox2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 11:34:24 AM
Yeah, it is rather strange that they pulled Kirby and SMA4 seemingly out of nowhere...

Of any other GBA games out there, those two are the most likely to be in the list. Apparently we'll get to know all of them by next week...
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#6Megaman OmegaPosted 8/7/2011 11:35:11 AM
Don't raise your hopes for SMA4 and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

That's ok for me, i 100%'d both games barring world-e. Gotta buy an e-reader...
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#7LordAndrewPosted 8/7/2011 11:39:31 AM
The "official list" is probably the ten-game list we've already seen, not the full twenty-game list.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#8cheeseyrox2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 11:45:53 AM
LordAndrew posted...
The "official list" is probably the ten-game list we've already seen, not the full twenty-game list.

Most probably...
---
#9WetterdewPosted 8/7/2011 12:03:36 PM
I'm half-joking, but maybe they decided not to give SMA$ and Kirby away because they saw how happy we were be offered them and decided to sell them to us instead.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.
#10General_DodannaPosted 8/7/2011 5:37:24 PM
I wonder if they slipped in mentioning the two being on the list and got in trouble (somehow) so they had to deconfirm to save face... I guess we wont know for sure until either 1) they give us the complete lists or 2) they get all 10 GBA games out