lol @ scambassadors

#1GimeaPosted 8/7/2011 1:15:25 PM
Do you guys really think retailers want to lose money?

Just a warning for the people who think they can abuse the loophole.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao249jNg
#2darkzero297Posted 8/7/2011 1:16:21 PM
I c wut u did thar

I r not impressed.
---
Kirbyhameha!!!
(>")>(())>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>))
#3emagdnEPosted 8/7/2011 1:25:40 PM
do you really think retailers care about losing $80 out of a $250 sale that wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the price drop in the first place?

neither Best Buy or Nintendo loses money from "scambassadors", they GET money
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#4StarlightDrivePosted 8/7/2011 1:27:41 PM
Pretty sure retailers would rather lose out on the extra 80 bucks and sell a unit, then have them sit there doing nothing because no one wants them at 250.
#5keyblader1985Posted 8/7/2011 1:29:18 PM
I c wut u did thar

I r not impressed.

How could you not be impressed? It worked.
---
Rest in peace, Megaman Volnutt.
#6Sirian_HawkPosted 8/7/2011 1:43:40 PM(edited)
Gimea posted...
Do you guys really think retailers want to lose money?

Just a warning for the people who think they can abuse the loophole.

Try thinking first. Anyone who fits into the category of "scambassador" knows about the price drop. Therefore, if there were no free games they would have just waited until next week. The stores would not be getting that money no matter what. They aren't losing anything.

In fact it is the opposite as some people will now buy the system BECAUSE of the free game loophole, wherein they might have waited until much later or not bought at all. That means more sales overall and more money for the store.

They only people that are hurt over this are the butthurt early adopters who can't get in on it. Ask yourself and answer honestly. If you didn't get a 3DS early would you taking advantage of this now? For 90% of you early adopters I would wager yes.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#7MegagutsPosted 8/7/2011 1:43:29 PM
Do you really think we give a flying **** about what retailers think?

They're already selling the systems at mark up price.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
Live every week like it's shark week
#8fallenKlNGPosted 8/7/2011 2:02:34 PM
Do you think the retailers are gonna risk losing customers by denying the price match to people who genuinely didn't know about the price drop? They don't care if you get 20 free games or not; it has nothing to do with them.

Since the retailers don't make their profits from the VC games, they see the 3DS price match as any other price match. It doesn't matter to them, because hardly anyone's gonna buy the 3DS at full price now anyway. If they don't allow the price match for this, they may as well stop the entire price match system in general. If anything, they should at LEAST give customers a warning saying "if you buy this, keep in mind there will be a price drop and we're not allowing the price match".
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
#9JackalfoxPosted 8/7/2011 2:03:50 PM
I don't really give a damn what you think, and I'm sure that others don't either.
---
"July 18th, 2011: remember this date, Capcom. The date you made a powerless, but extremely annoying enemy." - Professor Icepick (via Capcom Unity)
#10elheberPosted 8/7/2011 2:35:45 PM
emagdnE posted...
do you really think retailers care about losing $80 out of a $250 sale that wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the price drop in the first place?

neither Best Buy or Nintendo loses money from "scambassadors", they GET money

I have nothing against scambassadors, but you just made some dumb logic there.
"If the unit is sold at 250, they make a 250 sale. If the unit is sold at 250 and a rebate is given for 80, they make a 170 sale. It's a profit for them either way." This is dumb logic. Super dumb logic. It cost the retail store money to get the unit to sell in the first place.

If I sell pies and it costs me 8 dollars to stock each pie in my pie store, then I sell it at 10 dollars... well I just made a 2 dollar profit from a 10 dollar sale. If I sell it a 6 dollars, then I just lost 2 dollars from a 6 dollar sale. So just because they made a $170 sale doesn't mean it isn't costing them money.

That said, if it's their policy to make price guarantee rebates, then it's their choice. But it's absurd to think that nobody takes a hit, and money just emerges out of thin air.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."