I want to get a 3ds but.....

#1RamPaGe74Posted 8/7/2011 6:23:15 PM
After I heard about how the 3ds can scratch its own screen it has put me off. Should I still get a 3ds? If I am careful when I close it will I not have this problem?
---
GT/PSN: RaMpAgiNgPaNda7
#2EmpirorPosted 8/7/2011 6:24:23 PM
In my experience I just wipe the "scratch" off. It's never been anything permanent .-.
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/7/2011 6:24:38 PM
I've had this problem, already - after owning it for two days. If you're on the fence, then wait. I myself am hoping to get my 3DS fixed by Nintendo (gonna send it in for new screen and to fix my bumpers).
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#4samurai banditPosted 8/7/2011 6:27:05 PM
I thought it was dirt rather that "scractches".

I really dunno since I dont have a 3DS yet.
---
Go and watch Ef ~ A tale of memories now!
#5strongo9Posted 8/7/2011 6:28:34 PM
It's only ever caused oil lines. It touches the top screen and just leads a line of oil from my fingers that was on the 3DS. It never scratches the top screen as some allegedly make it out to be.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#6OverlordAlikPosted 8/7/2011 6:28:38 PM
the scratch is a smudge that comes off your fringers on the circle pad and the edges of the touch screen. if you look you'll see the imprint of the circlepad on the far left as well.

windex will take it away.

That said it will comeback pretty quick so if you grab one be prepared to clean is often.
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#7MicroOmegaManPosted 8/7/2011 6:29:07 PM
I dunno. I could always wipe away these so called scratches. Then I got a set of screen protectors (only really thinking there would be one for the touch-screen) and now the top-screen protector is dented where it touches the bottom half. Just get some foam or rubber bumpers.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#8AP3BrainPosted 8/7/2011 6:30:04 PM
I just bought mine and I heard about this before. I think whenever i close it I will just keep the foamy thing in between it. Sort of annoying but I think it will be manageable for me. Or maybe I should use the soft cloth I have.
#9Second_ChancesPosted 8/7/2011 6:30:54 PM
I plan to buy screen protectors and a USB charger.

That way I can use computers and cars to charge it, and none of those crazy scratches.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#10ThepowerofpikaPosted 8/7/2011 6:31:52 PM
I use a screen protector to help out for mine. After scratching the touch screens of my DSlite and original DS I don't use them without screen protectors now.

So I have a screen protector on both the top and bottom screen on my 3DS. I mainly get marks I can rub off on the screen protector. However one thing I love about the screen protector is if it did get scratched I just replace it with another screen protector.XP

I haven't had to do that yet however luckily.
---
I've decided to go retro for now.