If I get my 3DS sent out for repariment....

#1coolguy_23Posted 8/7/2011 6:00:29 PM
Will I still get the free games? I Went on the E-shop and Registered it.
---
SSBB FC: 1590-4377-8024 (Mento)
#21shadetail1Posted 8/7/2011 6:02:00 PM
Uh, what? Repair? Replacement?

As long as you have the same 3DS you logged onto the eShop with, you should be fine.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3EmoglobinPosted 8/7/2011 6:06:12 PM
I've been worried about this too. I called Nintendo, and apparently 90% of the time they replace your 3ds and transfer your data over.

So yeah, I doubt it.
#4Moondoggie35Posted 8/8/2011 3:05:21 AM
the ambassador info is on your eshop "account" which gets transferred, you'll be fine i'm sure
---
R.I.P. Rockman
Next game I buy from Capcom will be: Rockman DASH 3
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 8/8/2011 3:49:17 AM
Emoglobin posted...
I've been worried about this too. I called Nintendo, and apparently 90% of the time they replace your 3ds and transfer your data over.

So yeah, I doubt it.

I don't understand this. Why do they replace your 3DS with a new one, when you're only sending it for repairs?..
#6nintendoggerPosted 8/8/2011 3:57:55 AM
I'm going to get mine sent in here pretty soon, and yes, they will do a data transfer so you can still get the twenty games.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#7Moondoggie35Posted 8/8/2011 4:34:41 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Emoglobin posted...

So yeah, I doubt it.

I don't understand this. Why do they replace your 3DS with a new one, when you're only sending it for repairs?..

easier and faster for them
---
Servbot #12508
Next game I buy from Capcom will be: Rockman DASH 3
#8strongo9Posted 8/8/2011 4:52:14 AM
All data gets transferred, as well as any record of you entering the eshop and becoming an ambassador.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9curryandricePosted 8/8/2011 5:10:49 AM

It's quicker for them to send a brand new one while they fix the old one and sell it online as refurbished.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#10LordAndrewPosted 8/8/2011 6:20:42 AM(edited)
I don't know if that "record" of eShop use is kept on the 3DS. It makes a lot more sense to me, and is less exploitable, if they track it on their sever. In a previous thread a user has provided a quote from customer service that suggests Nintendo is indeed tracking it. So unless they are able to transfer whatever whatever the eShop is using to identity you, the new 3DS would lose ambassadorship.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D