If I get my 3DS sent out for repariment....

#11Orange_ApplesPosted 8/8/2011 7:24:04 AM
LordAndrew posted...
I don't know if that "record" of eShop use is kept on the 3DS. It makes a lot more sense to me, and is less exploitable, if they track it on their sever. In a previous thread a user has provided a quote from customer service that suggests Nintendo is indeed tracking it. So unless they are able to transfer whatever whatever the eShop is using to identity you, the new 3DS would lose ambassadorship.

nope, same system they use when you send in a Wii. They transfer the system info and send you a new one with no defects (or at least a previously refurbished one). When you get the console back all of your game downloads and account info will be intact.
---
The order I like the Final Fantasy series: 4>8>7>10=12>3 Current FF: recommendations? 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 13?
Pokemon Black FC: 3611 1768 5629
#12OoSubaruoOPosted 8/8/2011 11:10:51 AM
curryandrice posted...
I don't understand this. Why do they replace your 3DS with a new one, when you're only sending it for repairs?..
It's quicker for them to send a brand new one while they fix the old one and sell it online as refurbished.

Well then, that's not really sending it in for "repairs" if they're just going to give you a new one, and keep the old one.