Messed up on buying a 3DS, need help..

#11LightHawKnightPosted 8/7/2011 9:39:31 PM

So I had my parents go to gamestop and trade in my DSi for a 3DS. 2 things got screwed up. They got me a black one (really wanted the blue one), and the DSi was only worth $45.. I'm pretty sure the DSi was worth $75 when traded in correct?

I've also just heard that Walmart might sell it for $170 on Tuesday. Now I'm confused. Would a different gamestop take my 3DS and pay me $250 or would they give me a giftcard (Still unopened and got a reciept)? I know they'll trade it in for a blue 3DS. All i want to do is just play zelda ASAP :/

I believe the XL is 75, not the DSi. Why didn't you go with them?

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#12CocytusPosted 8/7/2011 9:42:15 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
So I had my parents go to gamestop and trade in my DSi for a 3DS. 2 things got screwed up. They got me a black one (really wanted the blue one), and the DSi was only worth $45.. I'm pretty sure the DSi was worth $75 when traded in correct?

I've also just heard that Walmart might sell it for $170 on Tuesday. Now I'm confused. Would a different gamestop take my 3DS and pay me $250 or would they give me a giftcard (Still unopened and got a reciept)? I know they'll trade it in for a blue 3DS. All i want to do is just play zelda ASAP :/

<3 my XL
---
DVD Collection: http://cocytus.dvdaf.com/owned
Video Game Collection: http://people.ign.com/c0cytus/games
#13Elwafir123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 9:45:54 PM
LightHawKnight posted...

Had to go take my shift, I pretty much assumed everything would go well.

But here's what I thought of. I'd go to my gamestop, show them the reciept and get $215 and my DSi back, then I'd go to Walmart on tuesday and get the 3DS for $170 and Zelda and go to the eshop for the 20 games. Plan sound legit?
#14Skul_Posted 8/7/2011 10:30:43 PM
Elwafir123 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

But here's what I thought of. I'd go to my gamestop, show them the reciept and get $215 and my DSi back, then I'd go to Walmart on tuesday and get the 3DS for $170 and Zelda and go to the eshop for the 20 games. Plan sound legit?

You most likely wont get your DSi back.
Also, never trust someone to do something for you. Ever.
---
Newest Game: FE: Radiant Dawn Wishlist: 3DS, SSFIV3D, Zelda:OOT3D, Ghost Recon: SW, Zelda Skyward Sword.
I like pie. With sauce on it.
#15niels200683Posted 8/8/2011 6:14:23 AM
Skul_ posted...
You most likely wont get your DSi back.
Also, never trust someone to do something for you. Ever.

Least likely to have a job as manager.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#16nintendoggerPosted 8/8/2011 6:33:52 AM
Second_Chances posted...
Why

You get 20 games everyone and their grannies have played before

I'd save the cash, since I'd rather buy a 3DS for the 3DS, not GBA/NES emu

I find your user name incredibly ironic and hilarious now. lmao for real.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#17nintendoggerPosted 8/8/2011 6:36:05 AM
Elwafir123 posted...

Best of luck to you, TC. I hope it goes well for you, but I'm pretty sure that DSi is gone for life. That's why I didn't trade mine btw, it's worth 80$ so they pay you half that cause of retail rules.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.