New week, any new IGN hit pieces on Nintendo?

#1OverlordAlikPosted 8/8/2011 3:18:23 AM
^ Topic, again I swore off IGN for bias, only thing I looked at was rich george's blog where he basically called anyone who thought IGN was biased a fanboy.... well there were a lot of fanboys in the comments section....
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#2SF_BahaPosted 8/8/2011 3:32:59 AM
None, same as always. Nintendo doing stupid things and IGN running articles on them doesn't make IGN biased.
#3Makeveli_livesPosted 8/8/2011 3:33:00 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1186683p1.html

2D platforming hate against Nintendo charging full retail for recent platformers (new super mario, donkey kong, epic yarn, etc) with gameplay from SNES and NES era while games on PSN, Steam, XBL, etc. all have th same gameplay mechanics and cost 5 times less.

---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#4OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 3:35:16 AM
Makeveli_lives posted...
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1186683p1.html

2D platforming hate against Nintendo charging full retail for recent platformers (new super mario, donkey kong, epic yarn, etc) with gameplay from SNES and NES era while games on PSN, Steam, XBL, etc. all have th same gameplay mechanics and cost 5 times less.

are they serious? Nintendo has the greatest 2d platformers ever.
---
#5Makeveli_livesPosted 8/8/2011 3:40:01 AM

The company that is truly bucking the trend is Nintendo. What other company still charges full price for a classic platformer experience? In the last couple of years we've had New Super Mario Bros., DKC Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn to name a few. These titles are obviously Nintendo's bread and butter, but it does put the company at odds with the rest of the industry.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mario, Donkey Kong and Kirby as much as the next guy, but it can't be denied that these games are selling gameplay that hasn't necessarily evolved since the NES and SNES eras, at five times the price of new and original games being released on PSN, Steam and XBLA. These titles don't have the added bonuses of HD graphics, online play, leaderboards, true 5.1 sound and the potential for DLC expansions. So why is Nintendo the platform for platformers? Is the company capitalising on the 'retro fad'? Is it reaching out to the customers it lost at the end of the SNES era, only to regain in the motion era? One thing's for sure; Nintendo didn't have this kind of support for the genre on the Nintendo 64 or Gamecube.

Put your fanboyism aside and look at the facts. The gameplay is decades old and they're charging full retail because guys shell out money for the next Mario, DK, or Kirby and never look back. Meanwhile, I can download some awesome sidescrollers online via PSN, Steam, XBL, etc. for like 10-15 bucks a pop. Nintendo deserves this tbh. They're the black sheep of the platforming genre charging so high because people can't get rid of their nostalgia.

---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#6strongo9Posted 8/8/2011 3:50:26 AM
I own my fair share of indie platformers that I've bought on Steam and I also own the Shantae DSiWare game, but none of them compare to the full retail platformers made by Nintendo. Nintendo's platformers offer way more content and more enjoyable experiences. Just last year my new favorite platformer of all time was released. Donkey Kong Country Returns.I'd rather have one $50 platformers instead of five $10 platformers.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 3:55:55 AM
Makeveli_lives posted...
The company that is truly bucking the trend is Nintendo. What other company still charges full price for a classic platformer experience? In the last couple of years we've had New Super Mario Bros., DKC Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn to name a few. These titles are obviously Nintendo's bread and butter, but it does put the company at odds with the rest of the industry.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mario, Donkey Kong and Kirby as much as the next guy, but it can't be denied that these games are selling gameplay that hasn't necessarily evolved since the NES and SNES eras, at five times the price of new and original games being released on PSN, Steam and XBLA. These titles don't have the added bonuses of HD graphics, online play, leaderboards, true 5.1 sound and the potential for DLC expansions. So why is Nintendo the platform for platformers? Is the company capitalising on the 'retro fad'? Is it reaching out to the customers it lost at the end of the SNES era, only to regain in the motion era? One thing's for sure; Nintendo didn't have this kind of support for the genre on the Nintendo 64 or Gamecube.

Put your fanboyism aside and look at the facts. The gameplay is decades old and they're charging full retail because guys shell out money for the next Mario, DK, or Kirby and never look back. Meanwhile, I can download some awesome sidescrollers online via PSN, Steam, XBL, etc. for like 10-15 bucks a pop. Nintendo deserves this tbh. They're the black sheep of the platforming genre charging so high because people can't get rid of their nostalgia.

are you serious? Nintendo platformers blow the indies out of the water. They are the standard by which all platformers are judged, and offer tons of great content. DKR, New Super Mario Wii, Kirby. these are all amazing games and so much better than games like little big planet, whose only claim to fame is a level editor (which admittedly is cool) but it doesnt trump Nintendo's superior controls and features. It took me weeks to finish New Super Mario Wii, that was money well spent. and the best part is when I get friends over and we all play together, it becomes a totally new game.
---
#8SF_BahaPosted 8/8/2011 3:57:12 AM
Everything you praised about NSMBWii applies to LittleBigPlanet, lol. You need to drop your bias.
#9OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 3:59:33 AM
SF_Baha posted...
Everything you praised about NSMBWii applies to LittleBigPlanet, lol. You need to drop your bias.

what I think i mentioned one thing right? Multiplayer right? o.O
---
#10OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 4:00:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]