New week, any new IGN hit pieces on Nintendo?

#91AP3BrainPosted 8/8/2011 4:33:07 PM
People need stop basing price only on how much people enjoy a game.... LittleBigPlanet should cost more than Mario simply because it's harder to make with better visuals customizations, cross platform play and level editors. It takes more resources to make something like that than a 2D Mario.

Let's take this issue out of gaming for a second... Stuff like food for example. The harder it is to get a certain plant or fruit to your location the more expensive it is going to be. You could argue it should be like the movie industry but I don't think it is as comparable. Almost all movies are expensive to make and I don't think the people that make movies and such have many price options... DVDs are already pretty cheap. But see BluRay movies usually cost more.

But yeah it is just opinion. If a lot people are willing to pay more for a Nintendo sidescrolling game mainly because of the name Nintendo then of course they are going to stay high in price. And seeing as how a ton of people paid for Super Mario Bros Wii it's not going to change. Personally I try to find games like that cheap as possible and used.
#92iLLsteezePosted 8/8/2011 4:36:24 PM
AP3Brain posted...
People need stop basing price only on how much people enjoy a game.... LittleBigPlanet should cost more than Mario simply because it's harder to make with better visuals customizations, cross platform play and level editors. It takes more resources to make something like that than a 2D Mario.

Let's take this issue out of gaming for a second... Stuff like food for example. The harder it is to get a certain plant or fruit to your location the more expensive it is going to be. You could argue it should be like the movie industry but I don't think it is as comparable. Almost all movies are expensive to make and I don't think the people that make movies and such have many price options... DVDs are already pretty cheap. But see BluRay movies usually cost more.

But yeah it is just opinion. If a lot people are willing to pay more for a Nintendo sidescrolling game mainly because of the name Nintendo then of course they are going to stay high in price. And seeing as how a ton of people paid for Super Mario Bros Wii it's not going to change. Personally I try to find games like that cheap as possible and used.

since you are basing your argument on cost, how much did little big planet take to make? and how much do mario games cost?
---
You are ignoring 68 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#93AP3BrainPosted 8/8/2011 4:44:03 PM(edited)
I don't know for sure as I am not some analyst with insider knowledge but just looking at the games it seems pretty obvious LittleBigPlanet costs more to make because it's not just a platformer... It is also a level editor with high amounts of customization with higher graphics and cross platform online play.
#94Makeveli_livesPosted 8/8/2011 4:41:16 PM

I don't know for sure as I am not some analyst with insider knowledge but just looking at the games it seems pretty obvious LittleBigPlanet costs more to make because it's not just a platformer... It is also a level editor with high amounts of customization with higher graphics and cross platform play.

Not to mention all the DLC. Common sense says that it costs more to make then a Mario game.

---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340