Songs and folders not appearing in 3DS sound.

#1FlodarienPosted 8/8/2011 5:54:07 AM
For some reason, some songs, and some folders don't appear in 3DS Sounds for me. The weird thing is that it seems to be folders that are in a cluster between two folders. I would have, let's say, Mario RPG, Naruto, One piece, Super Metroid, Super Smash bros, Zelda OOT, and everything between Mario RPG and Zelda OOT won't show up for me.

I tried to slim down the content I have. I have about 13 GB of music there. That might be the problem though
---
I need a new Sig
#2PokeMasterPosted 8/8/2011 6:13:13 AM
how deep are the folders?
how many songs in each folder?
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#3Flodarien(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 6:21:58 AM
Right now, I have a Music folder, with folders that don't go deeper than 2 levels, which makes it 3 levels total.

If i remember correctly, it's 100 songs for 1000 folders? Or is it the opposite?
---
I need a new Sig
#4J_K_GUNSPosted 8/8/2011 6:24:45 AM
I got 800+ songs on a 4gig and only Sonic06 & Heroes show up.
---
3DS: 2148-8141-2520
#5shenranPosted 8/8/2011 6:36:22 AM
Make a folder for each group of songs (100 songs each) and don't combine any of the folders together afterwords.
---
Satoshi's the name, trainings the game
#6Flodarien(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 7:59:06 AM
Well, I just made most of my folders under 100 songs. It fixed some things, but not everything. I can't see everything.
---
I need a new Sig
#7shenranPosted 8/8/2011 2:10:40 PM
sorry that is all i can help with.
---
Satoshi's the name, trainings the game
#8SatarackPosted 8/8/2011 2:28:16 PM
Allow me to quote the 3DS Operations Manual verbatim:

About folders and files on an SD Card

Only folders with music files saved in them are displayed. The maximum number of folders displayed is 1,000.
If there are two or more folders with the same name on an SD Card, the music files in those folders will be combined into one folder.
The maximum number of music files displayed is 3,000.
A maximum of 100 music files per folder will be displayed.
Folders and files with hierarchies deeper than eight levels will not be displayed.
Folder names are unrelated to hierarchy depth. They are displayed in numeric and alphabetical order.

---
QI, the only fake gameshow that will take points away from panelists for false positive answers in previous episodes.