C'mon Nintendo, Where's the Metroid love ?

#1crazybotPosted 8/8/2011 6:16:01 AM
I got the DK poster set, but I have to wonder why there isn't a set for Metroid on Club Nintendo ? Especially since Metroids anniversary is here. But it seems like Metroid swag is always in low numbers or non existent. Zelda gets a concert series and Mario gets a game collection. Metroid gets nada.......another oppurtunity to celebrate with the fans and create buzz and Nintendo just misses the mark. Metroid deserves some love. At least Metroid 2 on the VC. Something.....?
#2J_K_GUNSPosted 8/8/2011 6:21:12 AM
crazybot posted...
At least Metroid 2 on the VC.

Maybe it will happen this Thursday.
---
3DS: 2148-8141-2520
#3crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 6:41:46 AM
That's true. Hopefully they put it out this week. And at an attractive price.
#4trenkenPosted 8/8/2011 6:47:25 AM
Well they need to figure out what to do with this series after Other M. I dont think the game itself was TERRIBLE, but its definitely not on the level of many of the previous games, and what they did to her with that awful story was just an abomination.

I would guess they are just in the middle of trying to figure out what the future of this franchise is, unless they've already figured that out but havent announced it yet.

But yeah, in the meantime they could get the gameboy game out, fusion is one of the ambassador games, although I would have preferred zero mission.

A new 2D game would be very nice. I dont know about 3D. They really kind of ran that into the ground with the prime games. I think the direction they took with Other M was ok, it just didnt quite feel like a metroid game. I wish retro would make that kind of game, I think it would be better than what Team Ninja did.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#5Random_GhostPosted 8/8/2011 6:50:41 AM
Super Metroid 3D Classic.

Do it, Nintendo.
---
Official Xaldin of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Boards
Official Midget of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Boards
#6trenkenPosted 8/8/2011 6:58:18 AM
Random_Ghost posted...
Super Metroid 3D Classic.

Do it, Nintendo.

Would be very nice, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. The first 2 games they chose are Excitebike and Xevious. They dont seem to have a big interest in converting big time AAA games, possibly due to how difficult the process is said to be.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#7Big_IsaacPosted 8/8/2011 7:05:47 AM
other m completely derailed the franchise, so I think Nintendo might wait for a while until people forget about it before announcing the next metroid game
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 6, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 7, XII: 9
#8stfn12345Posted 8/8/2011 7:13:27 AM
Other M was kickass, and as a prequel to Fusion it felt appropriate for it to be linear. The story was fine, though the voice acting could get a bit cringe worthy at times. That said, I'd like to see a new 2D metroid for the 3DS (oh the irony) and a new Wii/WiiU Metroid that plays like Other M but free roaming.
#9crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 7:53:57 AM
I didn't hate Other M. But I did understand the criticisms. Especially of the story. And I have mixed feelings about zero suit Samus. I don't want her sexualized, but man she's pretty hot... LOL.... I just want a 2d/3d Metroid. Straight 2d plane, with 3d backgrounds and enemies.Done in the style of Super Metroid. That's it. Plain and simple.
#10DrkVrtxPosted 8/8/2011 8:26:08 AM
People need to stop pointing the finger at Team Ninja and direct it at Other M's director. Aside from that, yeah the reception to Other M - completely deserved by the way - makes me think Nintendo aren't going to put out anything new 'Troid wise for a while. Lots of fans want a sequel to Fusion, but where exactly can the story go? For me, the best thing to happen to the series was the Prime Trilogy, but I don't want Retro Studios to be tied down to producing Metroid games. They've played their part.
---
Tachikomas are the best characters in any anime. Ever.
so i herd u liek taking over 9000 hobbits to isengard to find out why all the rum's gone