3rd parties are just the worst, make Nintendo look like crap

#1MechaKoopa5000Posted 8/8/2011 8:36:35 AM(edited)
I mean, Nintendo went out of their way to only release a few titles around launch in an effort to help 3rd parties out. Everyone knows if Nintendo puts out a big Mario game right away, 99% of sales go towards those instead of 3rd party offerings. Nintendo was trying to give them a friendly head start this time.

So what do the 3rd parties do? They release next to nothing and then say they're not comfortable making games for a system that's under selling. If there were actually more than 2 truly great games for the thing right now, it would probably have sold better.

It's as if Nintendo needs to make games to sell systems, but 3rd parties don't want to compete or even try to help.
#2ORANGE666Posted 8/8/2011 8:51:02 AM
Third parties don't care for Nintendo, they haven't since 1994. There's no reason for them to do anything to help Nintendo, they just want sales. Maybe you should look at the comments and things Nintendo has done over the last decade and see why third parties give them no support
#3ORANGE666Posted 8/8/2011 8:53:08 AM
Also your excuse is laughable. Games take more than a year to make, Nintendo would know how many games would make the launch window.It's more like Nintendo released the console too early and developers did not have their games ready.
#4CHOVI3Posted 8/8/2011 8:57:13 AM
I agree with TC
#5BendilinPosted 8/8/2011 8:59:24 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
Also your excuse is laughable. Games take more than a year to make, Nintendo would know how many games would make the launch window.It's more like Nintendo released the console too early and developers did not have their games ready.

You of course realize developers were able to purchase 3DS development kits back in 2009, right? They had over two years to make games. Any games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2621-2634-3009
http://www.iceruby.com/sonicadvance3/Sonic%203DS.png
#6MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 9:09:18 AM
Oh, I realize Nintendo hasn't been a true friend to 3rd parties in a while, but they've acknowledged this themselves. They said they're trying to patch things up and make it easier (and better) for 3rd parties to make games for their platforms. Nintendo is willing to help out more this time around (3DS and Wii U).

I'm not a fanboy. I don't think Nintendo is golden. They have very big flaws, but this is one case where it seems to me went out of their way to be nice and got kinda screwed over. 3rd parties were supposed to have some quality games out the first few months, and the only ones even considerably decent are Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, and arcade-style Resident Evil Mercenaries and Pac-Man cash-ins.

The high price of the 3DS and the fact that people confuse it for just a new iteration of the DS-line have a lot to do with the weak sales, but lack of quality software is a huge issue too. Nintendo went out of their way to say "ok, we're gonna hold back for a little bit. it's all you" and... they do nothing.
#7babyeatermaxPosted 8/8/2011 9:10:10 AM
3rd parties should develop games exclusively for Vita just to punish Nintendo for using them as a scapegoat. Spinning a putrid launch line-up as some sort of kind gesture is ridiculous and beyond insulting.
#8ORANGE666Posted 8/8/2011 9:10:45 AM
Bendilin posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

You of course realize developers were able to purchase 3DS development kits back in 2009, right? They had over two years to make games. Any games.

That was what I meant. People can't complain there were no games at launch, Nintendo knew how many games would make the launch window when they released the 3DS. Developers aren't going to rush their products just because Nintendo jumped the gun
#9VampiricDragon_Posted 8/8/2011 9:11:11 AM
This system will have amazing support just like every nintendo handheld. Everyone is developing games for it.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#10Dragon lord27Posted 8/8/2011 9:12:21 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
Third parties don't care for Nintendo, they haven't since 1994. There's no reason for them to do anything to help Nintendo, they just want sales. Maybe you should look at the comments and things Nintendo has done over the last decade and see why third parties give them no support

The DS was made in 94? Daaam no wonder it feels so old.

Not to disagree with you on Nintendo being a dick to third parties...but. Um.
....Dude.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~