3rd parties are just the worst, make Nintendo look like crap

#71VampiricDragon_Posted 8/8/2011 12:06:09 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
The price drop will definitely help, but it's the software lined up for the rest of the year that's going to save the 3DS. Namely Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7- all of which I believed are slated for 2011.

Resident Evil: Revelations, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, and (for some) Animal Crossing are reason enough to have faith in 2012 as well. I'm sure I missed a noteworthy title or two as well.

you missed pokemon rumble for 2011, and dragon quest rocket slime, ff rhythm for 2011 holiday in japan for both
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#72MetroidJunkiePosted 8/8/2011 12:06:20 PM
I hope Metal Gear Solid 3D ends up more like the initial demo than the later videos, though. The later ones kinda look crappy.
#73MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 12:09:55 PM
I also missed Smash Bros (which is hardly even in pre-production yet) and the next Professor Layton.

I just remember Sonic Generations as well, but to be totally honest, it looks like a cash-in. The 360/PS3 one looks great, but this one looks kinda cheap. I'll rent it, though.

I really wish Nintendo would deliver more quality Virtual Console games each week. They need a stronger e-presence.
#74VampiricDragon_Posted 8/8/2011 12:11:53 PM
honestly the console sonics have been terrible to me. Only the handheld ones have been any good
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#75elheberPosted 8/8/2011 12:15:17 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
I mean, Nintendo went out of their way to only release a few titles around launch in an effort to help 3rd parties out. Everyone knows if Nintendo puts out a big Mario game right away, 99% of sales go towards those instead of 3rd party offerings. Nintendo was trying to give them a friendly head start this time.

So what do the 3rd parties do? They release next to nothing and then say they're not comfortable making games for a system that's under selling. If there were actually more than 2 truly great games for the thing right now, it would probably have sold better.

It's as if Nintendo needs to make games to sell systems, but 3rd parties don't want to compete or even try to help.

I think third parties felt betrayed when Nintendoo announced the price and they knew it was far beyond cost. To the third parties, it was Nintendo increasing their profits by reducing the install base, which would cost third party publishers money. This after Nintendo said they would do what they can to support them.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#76MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 12:22:40 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
honestly the console sonics have been terrible to me. Only the handheld ones have been any good

Have you played Sonic Colors? It restored my faith- if only temporarily- in Sonic Team or whoever's making console Sonic games these days. Best Sonic game I've played in a very long time, and not just "good...for a Sonic game" but actually good.

I wasn't as big a fan of the "just hold right" Sonic Rush games as what I have played of the Sonic Advance and Sonic 4.
#77ecco6t9Posted 8/8/2011 12:24:12 PM
The 3rd parties seem to want more nickle and dime you games from the console and smartphone markets.

Secondly before the 3rd parties abandoned ship on Nintendo in 1995 they could compete with Nintendo's offerings. They jump ship to Sony, came back in 2001 and forgot how to make games as good as Nintendo's.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#78JP_SartrePosted 8/8/2011 12:28:19 PM
emagdnE posted...
why the hell do people even care so much about third parties?!

Nintendo systems are for Nintendo games, Nintendo used to make the better games than anyone else, Nintendo used to make MORE games than anyone else, anything else was a bonus, and the best third party franchise (Mega Man) was one of the most Nintendo loyal third party franchises anyway, and it's apparently dead now

stop blaming third parties for sucking as most of them have been for years, if not, decades, and start blaming Nintendo for sucking and using "we want to patch things up with third parties!" as an excuse, we expect better from them

Ask Sega and Atari. Oh- you can't. They no longer make consoles.

Why? you might ask?

Little or no 3rd party support. 3rd party devs have always made or broken video game systems. N has a certain style of game and that is "kid friendly", Nothing controversial, franchise characters ad infinitum. 3rd party devs are more likely to take chances, try to find a niche for their product. Some like Squeenix do much like N- DQ and FF ad infinitum, with an occasional flare up of originality like Front Mission. (Which was actually a remake itself)

3rd party devs can also port franchises that are succesful on other consoles. Disgea DS is a good example of this. Without Atlus, there would have been no SMT games on the DS, no Etrian Odyssey games, Without Natsume, no HM or RF games.

I could go on, but I'm sure I've made my point.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#79VampiricDragon_Posted 8/8/2011 12:29:40 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...

Have you played Sonic Colors? It restored my faith- if only temporarily- in Sonic Team or whoever's making console Sonic games these days. Best Sonic game I've played in a very long time, and not just "good...for a Sonic game" but actually good.

I wasn't as big a fan of the "just hold right" Sonic Rush games as what I have played of the Sonic Advance and Sonic 4.

I tried it and went back to the handheld version.
---
#80OmunallPosted 8/8/2011 12:30:54 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Also your excuse is laughable. Games take more than a year to make, Nintendo would know how many games would make the launch window.It's more like Nintendo released the console too early and developers did not have their games ready.

Which is basically the reason third parties don't like Nintendo, like you said in the previous post to this one.

Nintendo acts like that jerk guy that steals a girlfriend from his buddy, and then tells his buddy that it's because he's better in the sack or something...if ya don't like it, blow off.

Nintendo is obviously better than almost everyone else out there, but they act as if they ARE the only ones that need to be aware of anything.