Suggestions for an alternative gaming news website to IGN?

#1JMForte85Posted 8/8/2011 8:35:52 AM
I've been visiting IGN for my gaming news since the beginning, but I am getting so tired of their anti-Nintendo articles that I want to ban them altogether. I'm not a blind fanboy and I don't disagree that they have made mistakes recently, but IGN is just going overboard and I'm tired of it. "3DS is doomed!" & "Why is Nintendo charging full price for platformers?" Are you kidding me? It's like IGN is being paid by Sony and Microsoft.

My problem is, I don't know of too many other sites that are as comprehensive, provide up to date news, and go to all the gaming expos. Any suggestions? Btw, I'm not a big fan of gamespot either.
---
The Dear Hunter - Complete Color Spectrum - 9 EPs; 36 songs; 2 1/2 hours of musical genius. Check it out!
#2gwithy16Posted 8/8/2011 8:39:17 AM
Go to gonintendo.com for nintendo news. They post literally every piece of nintendo info. that's out there.

If you wanna follow all 3, i dont really know a good one.
---
and on top of that, it's really not a big hassle if your card gets stolen-mkbk about credit cards.
#3TrekCyclingPosted 8/8/2011 8:39:22 AM
anakin85 posted...
I've been visiting IGN for my gaming news since the beginning, but I am getting so tired of their anti-Nintendo articles that I want to ban them altogether. I'm not a blind fanboy and I don't disagree that they have made mistakes recently, but IGN is just going overboard and I'm tired of it. "3DS is doomed!" & "Why is Nintendo charging full price for platformers?" Are you kidding me? It's like IGN is being paid by Sony and Microsoft.

My problem is, I don't know of too many other sites that are as comprehensive, provide up to date news, and go to all the gaming expos. Any suggestions? Btw, I'm not a big fan of gamespot either.

Cry moar? Seriously, IGN is simply doing "analysis", to whatever degree that's possible with video games. Why are you taking it so seriously if you're not a fanboy? That said, there are much better alternatives.

Brainy Gamer
Eurogamer
1UP (sometimes)

Most of the best stuff comes from gaming podcasts. Of course they also criticize games / systems that aren't implemented well, so maybe you should just stick to Nintendo Power.
---
XBox Live Gamer Tag: DSGamerish - PSN: DSGamerGWJ
#4curryandricePosted 8/8/2011 8:43:49 AM
n4g.com

they're a news aggregator that you can filter by system so you can get all your Nintendo news from various sources on one website.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#5shinjix2Posted 8/8/2011 8:44:50 AM
joystiq
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#6r_m_8_8Posted 8/8/2011 8:46:40 AM
I check Joystiq and Destructoid for gaming in general, Nintendo Life and GoNintendo for Nintendo news.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#7BendilinPosted 8/8/2011 8:49:43 AM
In all honesty? Just go to /v/. Any gaming news and new screenshots that matter are rapidly posted on there frequently as they come available and you don't have to endure any video game "journalism" vomit.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2621-2634-3009
http://www.iceruby.com/sonicadvance3/Sonic%203DS.png
#8JMForte85(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 8:59:29 AM
I never said I wasn't a Nintendo fanboy; I said I wasn't a blind fanboy (one that agrees with everything they do even if it's clearly wrong). Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind if sites are justly critical about anything, but IN MY OPINION IGN is going overboard and I'm sick there being no good articles on IGN's Nintendo sites. I will check out those sites. Thanks again.
---
The Dear Hunter - Complete Color Spectrum - 9 EPs; 36 songs; 2 1/2 hours of musical genius. Check it out!
#9CHOVI3Posted 8/8/2011 8:59:37 AM
Nintendo Life is great for news.
#10lambchipsPosted 8/8/2011 9:03:01 AM
pretty much everysite that isnt ign...
ign has been reduced to trolling alot when it comes to new hardware

the 3ds isnt their first attempt either anyone remember their endless "final nail in sonys coffin" articles from 5 years back?
i swear every week we would see one of those... truely pathetic

before the final nail in sony coffin articles there were endless ds is doomed articles and psp butt kissing articles
^it seems like they only make articles on what the newest trend is... (have you guys ever seen ign criticizing the ipad? i doubt it.. and even if there is one, they dont harp on it... why? because no one cares for it as a gaming system)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428