Suggestions for an alternative gaming news website to IGN?

#11MegagutsPosted 8/8/2011 9:06:11 AM
Personally, and I know they aren't the best, I prefer Kotaku.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
Live every week like it's shark week
#12r_m_8_8Posted 8/8/2011 9:07:07 AM
I'd never use IGN for news. Not because of any bias they may have, but because they're simply not as good as blog-like sites that get updated way more often.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#13nintendoggerPosted 8/8/2011 9:53:39 AM
TC doesn't want analysis, he wants news.

I'm sick of "analysis" do your ****ing job as a reporter and report facts. /talkradio/
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#14JackstinPosted 8/8/2011 10:05:11 AM
Kotaku are easily my favourite.

They report things quickly and seem to report nearly everything; the articles are awesome, the community are not trolls etc.

They too are slagging Nintendo off a lot at the moment, though that's probably fair right now. I'm a fan of Squenix and they get endless torment, but it's worth getting past that for the quality of the articles.

If you're looking for a site that blows smoke up Nintendo's bum, then you're going to have to go with nintendolife or something. But I couldn't stand such extreme bias.
#15JeraleepPosted 8/8/2011 10:11:53 AM
the ign nintendo writers love nintendo. you have to keep in mind they have nothing else to write about. no game announcements, no news on the wii or 3ds front. no reviews... i`m sure they would love something to write about, but nintendo isn`t giving them much to work with, so, all they are left to do is report the FACTS about nintendos investor troubles and analyze the situation, over and over and over again until the wheels at nintendo start turning again.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
#16theshovellerPosted 8/8/2011 10:19:56 AM
I use Shacknews, but that's only because that Gamefly app for smartphones uses that for their news. They're not always the quickest, but they're pretty good. They seem to be fairly unbiased towards any company, and make fun of all three equally.
#17NickyTheNewtPosted 8/8/2011 10:20:45 AM
Kotaku is really good. I also prefer GameSpot, but lately they've been slow on the news.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ueicrl.png 3DS Friend Code: 2621-2609-5041 (Nick)
http://i53.tinypic.com/55h0ya.jpg
#1832willsPosted 8/8/2011 10:35:38 AM
I will vouch for Joystiq and Kotaku as being quite good, but I think my favorites these days (by far) are GamesRadar and Destructoid. Lots of great and diverse personalities, interesting articles, frequent updates, and I think the most trustworthy reviews I've seen ever.