3D doesn't help gameplay...

#1cheeseyrox2Posted 8/8/2011 8:09:33 PM
...if you're blind in at least one eye.

I can't wait for Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land because I want to see how Nintendo's developers are utilizing the 3D screen to add depth perception. It could really help judging distances for racing and platforming.

Pilotwings Resort proved to me that 3D can help gameplay. It's not a necessity, but don't write it off until you've tried it.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/8/2011 8:14:31 PM
I wonder how many 3rd parties are going to just drop 3D completely now that Nintendo has decided to downplay 3D on their 3D system.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#3so64Posted 8/8/2011 8:19:36 PM
^ If I were to risk a guess, I would think 75% of 3rd Party dev teams would not utilize 3-D...
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#4flaboy909Posted 8/8/2011 8:24:40 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I wonder how many 3rd parties are going to just drop 3D completely now that Nintendo has decided to downplay 3D on their 3D system.

Not many because Nintendo hasn't downplayed 3d in the slightest. (and I suggest you don't post the link about Nintendo reaffirming that 3d is optional, a fact which has been known before launch).
#5darkbringer3dPosted 8/8/2011 8:26:30 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

They are not downplaying it, they said 3d will not be in some games. Thats like saying they downplayed motion with wii or ms down played online with 360, just because not all games utilized it.
---
One day, Nintendo decided to put Mario into the world of Metroid. Alas, he was no match for the mighty Geemer.
#6DeshokunPosted 8/8/2011 8:29:59 PM
I like 3D for prettyness like they did with Dream Trigger.

But tbh I don't believe that "3D IS NECESSARY BECAUSE LIKE IN MARIO WITH 3D YOU CAN SEE REAL DEPTH SO YOU KNOW HOW TO JUMP TO HIT THE BOX FROM A DISTANCE" crap.
#7LHS_2012Posted 8/8/2011 8:32:26 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Nintendo has been "downplaying" 3D since January. I wonder how many 3DS games dropped 3D completely since then...

Oh, right. None.
---
Just look at all those Whos down at Whoville, singing, dancing, enjoying their games! ~ Grandy12
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#8MattperdPosted 8/8/2011 8:34:07 PM
Deshokun posted...
I like 3D for prettyness like they did with Dream Trigger.

But tbh I don't believe that "3D IS NECESSARY BECAUSE LIKE IN MARIO WITH 3D YOU CAN SEE REAL DEPTH SO YOU KNOW HOW TO JUMP TO HIT THE BOX FROM A DISTANCE" crap.

I do, since it does help. You won't believe how many times I've died in Sunshine because I miscalculated the jump.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't act like ours is "crap".

@Topic

They're making some 3D-less games, doesn't mean they're downplaying it since all their major releases are utilizing 3D.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#9AP3BrainPosted 8/8/2011 8:45:52 PM
It isn't opinion that 3D technology does not help gameplay at all... It really is the way it is. It isn't like you can see behind and around stuff with 3D. That would be different and would actually change gameplay for some games. All it is is a minor visual effect.
#10LHS_2012Posted 8/8/2011 8:50:13 PM
AP3Brain posted...
It isn't opinion that 3D technology does not help gameplay at all... It really is the way it is. It isn't like you can see behind and around stuff with 3D. That would be different and would actually change gameplay for some games. All it is is a minor visual effect.

Yes... it is. Someone just said that 3D helps them perceive depth, which is fairly important in many games. If there is even one case going against it, a statement cannot be fact.
---
Just look at all those Whos down at Whoville, singing, dancing, enjoying their games! ~ Grandy12
Gamertag: Starfish Hero