So as long as you have the latest system update...

#31FoofyheadPosted 8/9/2011 9:28:26 AM
Yeah, I don't think you said anywhere in your last post that you don't get the system.
---
Winter is coming.
#32Slipknot2430Posted 8/9/2011 11:22:47 AM
Yeah I did get that message about the program a few days ago. I was just tired last night and didn't remember.

As for the points thing Sony is the only one that did it right. Yeah if you want to add funds to your wallet the minimum is $5, but if the game or content you are trying to get if $5.30 all that you have to spend is the $5.30 instead of the $10 like how Nintendo does it. And Sony doesn't charge you tax where Nintendos does. Links awakening cost me $6.51 after tax. So now I'm left with $13.49.
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#33Asura88Posted 8/9/2011 1:54:33 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=about&submenu=ctr-gi-amb-program-what-is

This says you only need the latest system update.
---
Feel free to attack if you wish to taste the ground. - Rurouni Kenshin
#34Muljo StphoPosted 8/10/2011 12:58:30 AM
Links awakening cost me $6.51 after tax. So now I'm left with $13.49.

I was just thinking about that the other day and how this system's shop must be torture for all those OCD people that were always complaining about not having a zero balance on the Wii's shop.

Obtaining a zero balance again with Wii Points wasn't all that complicated though. All of the prices are multiples of 100, and the tax you pay to buy the points does not affect how many points you get.

Obtaining a zero balance again on the 3DS would require that the cost plus tax comes out to exactly the same amount left in your account.

I've put $20 onto my 3DS and I spent it on Shantae and Link's Awakening. I have 59 cents left on my account. Yeah, I'll be very very surprised if that ever zeroes out, ever.

I almost posted earlier when I read this post:

The thing that annoys me about Zelda LA's price is the fact it's $6 and you can't buy $6 worth of points, either you buy $5 or $10 so you are left with unused points.

that the thing is that with tax included the price on a $4.99 title will also come out higher than $5, so you need to add at least $10 for that anyway.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby