A new Donkey Kong Country would be nice

#1FKRW4LifePosted 8/9/2011 4:00:11 AM
The Wii one had a lot of potential but I felt the backwards motion control really hurt it. I'm sure the engine running the game could be tweaked to run on the 3ds so why not release a sequel to it? They could even include the Wii one on the cart as a bonus for beating the game.

I'd also love to see the DK trilogy, SNES and GB get some love...
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 8/9/2011 4:06:41 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
They could even include the Wii one on the cart as a bonus for beating the game.

<____<
Not sure if serious.

I unno, man, did the Wii game sell well?
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#3ChimpsonabusPosted 8/9/2011 4:08:40 AM
It sold over five million copies.
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 8/9/2011 4:09:42 AM
Then maybe you're in luck.

I thought often while playing DKDR that it would look lovely in 3D.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#5FKRW4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 4:16:53 AM
I'm of the belief that games, which use the same engine and are sequels can and should include the original when appropriate. For example; Rouge Squadron 3, Final Fantasy Dissidia 2, and a few others.

The Wii DK game was good but the waggle control ruined it for me. I was stunned they didn't include the original SNES configuration. Ideally a 3ds one would have great control. And it wouldn't hurt sales to have 2 games in 1. Nintendo almost never does that anymore...
#6greensacsPosted 8/9/2011 7:36:25 AM
Yes yes yes! We need a DKC on the 3ds. It just seems that the game and graphics would be perfect in 3d.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6
#7Gogo726Posted 8/9/2011 7:40:50 AM
If it's going to be on a handheld, shouldn't it be Donkey Kong Land Returns? Speaking of DKL, I can't wait to see these on VC.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#8strongo9Posted 8/9/2011 7:51:12 AM
If they tweak the engine and graphics a bit and use a 4GB cartridge Nintendo could definitely bring a big sequel to DKCR to the 3DS. The game would look beautiful with the 3D applied to the many layers the game has. DKCR sold millions of copies, Nintendo would be crazy to not have Retro make DKC5 for the 3DS or Wii U.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9gransPosted 8/9/2011 11:28:40 AM
Yeah i would love a new DKC game on the 3DS. It would indeed look awesome in 3D, and i don't see any problems tweaking the engine and visuals to work perfectly on the handheld (it isn't even the most graphically heavy Wii game).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#10Ambassador_KongPosted 8/9/2011 11:29:45 AM
I approve this idea. The world needs more Donkey Kong.
---
Nintendo made me an ambassador, but didn't tell me which country to go to.