To all those getting the 3DS today and tomorrow for $170.....

#1shinjix2Posted 8/9/2011 8:53:00 AM
Good for you!!!

Its hard for me to say because I did get my 3DS at launch. I paid $250 for mine and was very off put by the price reduction. So yea I am a little bitter but not at you guys.

You got an awesome deal! Chances are you are all fanboys as well, just price was an issue. Hopefully no more.

I get 20 free games, you do as well. Awesome!

And furthermore, maybe I can get some streetpass hits now!!
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#2flaboy909Posted 8/9/2011 9:02:37 AM
shinjix2 posted...
Good for you!!!

Its hard for me to say because I did get my 3DS at launch. I paid $250 for mine and was very off put by the price reduction. So yea I am a little bitter but not at you guys.

You got an awesome deal! Chances are you are all fanboys as well, just price was an issue. Hopefully no more.

I get 20 free games, you do as well. Awesome!

And furthermore, maybe I can get some streetpass hits now!!

I approve this message. (Although I'm not mad about the price drop).
#3Cranman1982Posted 8/9/2011 9:04:03 AM
and the install base will grow exponentionally now. which means more developer interest, and more games. everyone wins. it stings to pay more at launch. but things have changed. the 3ds isnt' doing too well, and the new price will help keep this system alive
#4Dark GunnerPosted 8/9/2011 9:04:44 AM
I'm just pissed because I could have easily waited, not missed out on anything, and gotten the free games AND a price drop. I honestly haven't felt like I've gotten much out of this thing since I bought it, other then a remake of a game I've played before.
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#5r_m_8_8Posted 8/9/2011 9:07:17 AM
I'm honestly not bitter at all, I want more people to buy it and love it, developers noticing and making more games for it. I don't feel bad if people get the 20 games, it's not like I'll enjoy them any less.

You people better buy DOA and/or SSFIV so we can play some time.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#6NoPointMadePosted 8/9/2011 9:08:38 AM
SSJ Crandellous posted...
and the install base will grow exponentionally now. which means more developer interest, and more games. everyone wins.

I truly believe in this, I hate to sound like a smelly hippie but, at the end of the day, we all win in the end (except the Ambies lost more money, that is). Ambassadors and Scambassadors unite!
#7IamDodongoPosted 8/9/2011 9:08:46 AM
I'm glad a lot of people are getting 3DSs now. It's just means more games for everyone.

I'm not mad at all about the price drop, because I've used mine a ton already. The ambassador games are just icing on the cake.
#8shinjix2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 10:28:42 AM(edited)
and don't get me wrong. I'm only a little bitter about the fact that Nintendo could've released it at a lower price. Maybe not at the $170 level but even somewhere between $200-$225.

Even if I had psychic powers and could see into the future, I still would've bought it at $250 at midnight the day of release regardless of the drop 6 months later.

Plus the games make it all better!!
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#9OoSubaruoOPosted 8/9/2011 10:32:02 AM
Tbh, early adopters are technically getting the price cut. Judging how Nintendo prices most of their AAA titles on the eShop, all 20 games would add up to more than 80$ worth.
#10Slipknot2430Posted 8/9/2011 10:36:03 AM
"You people better buy DOA and/or SSFIV so we can play some time."

I have both games! I tried to play online for DoA but it was taking forever long to connect so I just turned it off and played single player. Does it normally take forever to load online?
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!