Why do people need to put a value on the 20 FREE games? It's not supposed to...

#1flaboy909Posted 8/9/2011 9:58:30 AM
reimburse the consumer for $80. I'll repeat because this is my point: The 20 FREE games AREN'T MEANT TO MAKE UP FOR $80. It is only meant to thank early adopters, that's it.

People feel the need to add reasons to why Nintendo is giving the 20 games in the first place when the aforementioned reason is the ONLY reason.

And I know people are gonna post links like this:
http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/news/3DS/A-letter-of-apology-from-Satoru-Iwata/800

And if you do you are further proving my point. I see no proof that he said, "well here's $80 worth of games via the ambassador program" and all I see and all he said was "well here's 20 FREE games for buying the system first." That's all he meant; there's no special meaning, hidden or otherwise, despite one's feelings on the matter.

And also, be realistic people: although a price cut rarely (if ever) happens so soon, why get mad? Here's a list of why people should be happy:

1) 3ds' in the hands of more people
2) Name a company that has done something like this for early adoptors
3) You get 20 games that you may or may not enjoy but they are available to you nonetheless

Anything I miss?
(And civilized discussions please -_-)
#2strongo9Posted 8/9/2011 10:02:06 AM
You and I may not see it that way, but Nintendo does. They're trying to make up for the bitter way they made a lot of people feel after dropping the price so drastically after only 4.5 months. I don't see it that way. It's just a big bonus to me. At least Nintendo didn't pull an Apple and just give every early adopter a middle finger like they did after the $200 price drop of the itouch (or iphone?).
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#3xR4PTORx559Posted 8/9/2011 10:03:59 AM
Im mad because i can't ripoff nintendo/walmart. Honestly, this is the last time I buy any Nintendo handheld before anyone else. I feel Betrayed by Nintendo. Now the Vita, ooh theres a portable i can trust.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0303 9671 1699 ; 3DS FC: 4983 4932 8256
XBL GT: xR4PTORx559
#4supervaanPosted 8/9/2011 10:05:16 AM
xR4PTORx559 posted...
Im mad because i can't ripoff nintendo/walmart. Honestly, this is the last time I buy any Nintendo handheld before anyone else. I feel Betrayed by Nintendo. Now the Vita, ooh theres a portable i can trust.

I lol'd
---
http://i.imgur.com/M0zOe.gif http://imgur.com/3COE0.gif
#5flaboy909(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 10:07:57 AM
strongo9 posted...
You and I may not see it that way, but Nintendo does. They're trying to make up for the bitter way they made a lot of people feel after dropping the price so drastically after only 4.5 months. I don't see it that way. It's just a big bonus to me. At least Nintendo didn't pull an Apple and just give every early adopter a middle finger like they did after the $200 price drop of the itouch (or iphone?).

I see what your saying; I see it the same way you do. But any other compay would of just said "you knew what you were buying, not our fault a revision/price cut has been made/occurred."
#6Pikachu1918Posted 8/9/2011 10:08:49 AM
It's a balance act.

Excite Bike = Incomplete System at launch

20 "Free Games" = Price drop.

The problem is more than a few players hate the free games.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#7ian2093Posted 8/9/2011 10:09:34 AM
No, it is to make up for the $80 dollars that many owners of the 3DS felt cheated out of. Yes, it is a thank you, but that link of your refutation clearly states that they do realize their most loyal consumers (the ones who bought the 3DS for $250) feel ripped off and that Nintendo feels they are deserving of something to make it up for them.

I get where you're coming from TC, even if Nintendo wasn't giving out the 20 free games I wouldn't feel cheated mainly because I bought the 3DS for $250 knowing full and well there will at some point in the future be a price drop, but that's what I felt it was worth.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#8strongo9Posted 8/9/2011 10:14:13 AM(edited)
flaboy909 posted...
I see what your saying; I see it the same way you do. But any other compay would of just said "you knew what you were buying, not our fault a revision/price cut has been made/occurred."

Exactly. I don't feel that I need to be compensated despite being a bit bitter about it. Nintendo is just really damn generous.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9Pikachu1918Posted 8/9/2011 10:12:58 AM
strongo9 posted...
flaboy909 posted...

Exactly. I don't feel they I need to be compensated despite being a bit bitter about it. Nintendo is just really damn generous.

Generous?
ROFLOL!

(Could say something else, but it'd be pulled)
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#10theshovellerPosted 8/9/2011 10:18:43 AM
Pikachu1918 posted...
The problem is more than a few players hate the free games.

What!?!? You mean someone doesn't like Balloon Fight!?!? Absurd - I cry bollocks to that claim! Balloon Fight is up there with Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Superman in greatest games on any Nintendo system ever!

And just in case the Superman thing wasn't a dead giveaway, I was being completely sarcastic.