I literally JUST bought my 3DS today, took it out of the box

#21Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 8/9/2011 1:17:10 PM
theshoveller posted...
Don't tell them what happened, tell them it was like that when you popped it open. Someone must have thrown it or something when unloading a truck, or it got damaged when it was shipped. That stuff happens.

Sure, stuff happens. But that's too big of a lie right there. It would make sense for him to tell them that if it was rattling, but that's not the case.If the 3DS has huge crack/scratch on the screen, it certainly couldn't have happened while it was still in the box. The system would be closed the whole time with the foam pad protecting both screens. I wouldn't give a refund/exchange for a console that looked like it was stomped on, but that's me.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a
#22Sid3wind3r12Posted 8/9/2011 1:18:25 PM
strongo9 posted...
XciteMe posted...
Sid3wind3r12 posted...
Nobody charges things on their kitchen counter, obviously this is a troll topic.

/topic

WTF??? @_@ LMAO where do people charge things then? WTF

Where have you been for the last century. Everybody charges everything in their bathrooms now. It's the safest place right next to the toilet and sink.

This ^.
Or on the backboard above their bed
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3823-8561-9399
#23theshovellerPosted 8/9/2011 1:24:30 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
theshoveller posted...
Don't tell them what happened, tell them it was like that when you popped it open. Someone must have thrown it or something when unloading a truck, or it got damaged when it was shipped. That stuff happens.

Sure, stuff happens. But that's too big of a lie right there. It would make sense for him to tell them that if it was rattling, but that's not the case.If the 3DS has huge crack/scratch on the screen, it certainly couldn't have happened while it was still in the box. The system would be closed the whole time with the foam pad protecting both screens. I wouldn't give a refund/exchange for a console that looked like it was stomped on, but that's me.

If it looks like it's been stomped on, then sure - no refund. But if it's just a crack, then you can say you didn't notice it until you popped it open - hell, it's a new game system, it's not far-fetched to believe someone may have been too excited to notice a rattling noise.
#24trenkenPosted 8/9/2011 1:32:26 PM
XciteMe posted...
trenken posted...
This wasnt a faulty system. Not sure they will take it back. It's your own fault, but give it a try. My guess is when you break a device like that, the company that made it is not responsible.

WTF LMAO how the **** was it MY fault? Did I knock it over?

You put it in a place to be knocked over. If this story is true, you just flushed $250 down the toilet.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#25theshovellerPosted 8/9/2011 1:34:29 PM
I got it - go get the replacement plan on it, then call them in three days or so to get a new one. Make sure it covers accidental damage, though.

You'll be out some cash, but you'll have a new system.
#26surrooPosted 8/9/2011 1:41:09 PM
http://www.focalprice.com/GNA65X/LCD_Screen_for_Nintendo_3DS_Repair_Part.html $33 dollars gets you a new screen.

Other than that, you'd have to pull some shady maneuver to get it exchanged at the store, and clearly Nintendo would charge you for such an issue if you sent it to them.

I think your best bet is probably doing like theshoveller said, going back to get the super-warranty, and then exchanging it.
#27MBBDarigonPosted 8/9/2011 1:41:49 PM
pics
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
http://raptr.com/badge/4aa3f8d60a933883c5832cd960cc0f77/ach.png