control pad issue

#1Connor099Posted 8/9/2011 12:01:07 PM
http://kotaku.com/5828584/more-nintendo-3ds-dpad-woes

this is basically will happen to my control pad. i bought the 3ds on launch and i play it regularly, but i noticed cracks that were appearing alongside the ends of the (+ shape) of the control pad. they are just cracks now and have not started to flake yet. now, i realize that this is not affecting a large portion of users but is it possible that nintendo will recall the affected systems? should i contact and alert them?
#2pikachupwnagePosted 8/9/2011 12:05:34 PM
Connor099 posted...
http://kotaku.com/5828584/more-nintendo-3ds-dpad-woes

this is basically will happen to my control pad. i bought the 3ds on launch and i play it regularly, but i noticed cracks that were appearing alongside the ends of the (+ shape) of the control pad. they are just cracks now and have not started to flake yet. now, i realize that this is not affecting a large portion of users but is it possible that nintendo will recall the affected systems? should i contact and alert them?

how many hours have you spent playing it?
---
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#3The_BonesPosted 8/9/2011 12:05:39 PM
My d-pad is still fine and I've had it since launch. Maybe its only the aqua blue color that has this issue.
#4StarlightDrivePosted 8/9/2011 12:10:39 PM
It's not a big enough issue to warrant a recall, nor is it affecting millions an millions of users. They have something about paint chipping and flaking in the warranty on their site.
#5Connor099(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 12:35:34 PM
i do have the aqua blue 3ds and i probably have played around 100 hours. i think i'm just going to send it in to nintendo.
#6coldwinePosted 8/9/2011 12:38:28 PM
Are those buttons always painted? My red DS XL pad looks like plastic, but it has me wondering...
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange