Walmart's EARLY 3DS drop and the Reaction from OTHER STORES.

#1JirynPosted 8/9/2011 6:10:16 PM
I thought this would be kind of funny to post here.
I went to Wal-Mart to purchase the 3DS at the now lowered price.

When I got there, only the black model was left so I purchased it. Zelda was also sold out so I went to the Gamestop next door.
As I picked up Zelda, the clerk noticed the 3DS in my bag, so I told them about the sale. Immediately he called his Manager in who claimed that Walmart had broken an agreement with Nintendo then immediatly called the price drop in to Nintendo to report them saying Nintendo would be fined for this.

The clerk I was checking out with joked and said "Walmart probably already figured the fine into their sale, and sent it in to Nintendo in a gift box with a big red ribbon around it"

after that, I went to BestBuy down the road. Curious as to what people on the forums said, I took the receipt in with me to see if they would price match (so I could get a blue one)

The manager of the game department said no they cannot price match, that Walmart had broken an agreement with Nintendo, and Nintendo is pissed. He followed it up by saying what I think is the biggest exaggerated lie possible "Walmart is in SO much trouble Nintendo is threatening them. Walmart may not be able to carry Nintendo products, or atleast the DS and 3DS anymore because of this"

Yea right, like Nintendo or anyone would say no to the largest retailer in the world.

Eventually I went to another WalMart across town. When I took in the receipt for a quick exchange of the black one for blue one. The women at the Customer Service looked at me and actually said "Another one" then I showed her I had bought it today. She told me I had to go back and pick the one I wanted from the game department. When I got to the games, the guy looked at me "AGAIN!" I stopped and asked what is going on. apparently people who bought the system in the last week have been returning them this week for a new unopened copy at the cheaper price. I showed him I was just making an exchange not a return. He then thanked me for not taking advantage of the price drop by returning one I had bought and told me he was about to deny anyone else trying to do the return trick.

Anyways, these were my 3 experiences for the day. What do you all think?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 8/9/2011 6:11:45 PM
I was expecting it to end with a Fresh Prince or Sponge Bob conclusion.
---
Oi fishface! Lose something eh? Come to negotiate you slimy git? I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!?
#3OoSubaruoOPosted 8/9/2011 6:16:18 PM
Wait, the guy is going to deny anyone else doing that? Isn't that against their policy?..
#4Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 6:18:05 PM
What do you mean by that?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#5Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 6:18:54 PM
Subaru, Yep.
People were returning opened systems for new Unopened systems apparently.

I got the last blue one.
---
#6VermineaterPosted 8/9/2011 6:21:38 PM
Both the Target and Best Buy doods I talked to today seemed surprised but they didn't make any claims of anger or hatred. :P
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png by Fuzzy
http://i.imgur.com/WbJjM.png < Make it happen, Ninty. ):<
#7FayeLadyPosted 8/9/2011 6:26:55 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Subaru, Yep.

I got the last blue one.

Thats very wasteful way to behave, but i guess another way of looking at it is that losing the 80 dollars would have been even more wasteful way to behave.
---
#8Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 6:28:04 PM
Atleast mine was an unopened exchange they could put my black one on the shelf.
---
#9OoSubaruoOPosted 8/9/2011 6:30:32 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Subaru, Yep.

I got the last blue one.

Wal Mart allows you to return opened 3DSs for the price matching? O_o
#10Baha05Posted 8/9/2011 6:32:33 PM
That doesn't seem right.