Buyer's Remorse?

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 8/9/2011 10:11:49 PM(edited)
So, I went and purchased the 3DS today from Wal-Mart.
Now that I have it home, opened and have been playing with it.. I wonder.... why did I buy it?

For some reason I am filled with Regret. I bought the system, Zelda and Zelda Link's Awakening.
Came home charged the system and started playing it but now I wonder why I bought it in the first place.... I barely play my DSI and yet I go out and buy a new system.

Sorry, just.. wanted to say this some where. Part of me wants to return the system already but I don't know if I should.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2LightHawKnightPosted 8/9/2011 10:10:33 PM

So, I went and purchased the 3DS today from Wal-Mart.
Now that I have it home, opened and have been playing with it.. I wonder.... why did I buy it?

For some reason I am filled with Regret. I bought the system, Zelda and Zelda Wind Waker. Came home charged the system and started playing it but now I wonder why I bought it in the first place.... I barely play my DSI and yet I go out and buy a new system.

Sorry, just.. wanted to say this some where. Part of me wants to return the system already but I don't know if I should.

Blogfaqs!... Wait there is something odd here.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 10:11:26 PM
More of wondering if anyone else had these feelings.
ACK! Zelda Ocarina and Zelda Link's Awakening DX.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4mrandykPosted 8/9/2011 10:12:04 PM
I had that same feeling at launch, so I returned mine and helped pay for one sweet ass guitar. Glad I did, never would've played it and now I get it $80 cheaper with 20 free roms. But uh...Mario Kart is coming, so you should probably keep it...
#5CHOVI3Posted 8/9/2011 10:12:55 PM
Why would you feel bad about buying a system? This has got to be a joke topic.
#6Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 10:14:41 PM
CHOVI3 posted...
Why would you feel bad about buying a system? This has got to be a joke topic.

Cause honestly, I don't feel like I need it or that I will play it that much.
I should be saving up for my big move in 6months, instead I buy something frivilous that I may or may not play, the only reason I got hyped was the 20 free games and the price drop.

I was not interested before then.
---
#7KorlithielPosted 8/9/2011 10:22:13 PM(edited)
In the past I've had feelings of remorse over buying a system, particularly my Kindle. Since I read for about an hour a day on my Kindle, minimum, I can't really argue against it as I do get my money's worth.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on.
#8Second_ChancesPosted 8/9/2011 10:20:56 PM
Q: You find something at a great bargain price! What do you do?

* Buy it right away! (Hasty +2) *OP's Logic*
* Think about whether you need it. (Quiet +1) *Logical Logic*
* Demand an even bigger discount! (Bold +2)

Seriously though

If you didn't want it why'd you even buy it? I bought it since I KNEW I was gonna play it, I KNEW games were coming out this very year I wanted in the next three months, and there were a handful already out (OOT3D, Dream Trigger, Samurai Warriors), so try to think these things out more. If you've opened it, have fun trying to return it, by the way.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#9PokeMasterPosted 8/9/2011 10:21:00 PM
Similar position. (Not exactly but...)

I buy handhelds because my reasoning is I'm never home much/travel frequently, etc etc.

Which was true and still is, but I spend more time PC gaming than anything else.

To be honest, I rarely play the handhelds I have/had and they more or less just sit around.
(Nintendo handhelds when Pokemon is out is a different story.)

But I've got 4x PSP (2x1k,2x2k), 3 DSL, 1DSi (stolen) and 3DS.

Do I need any of them? Nope.
Do I play them every day? Nope.
Do I ever wonder why I bought them? Yes. [Especially the last PSP which I bought 3 weeks ago after a drunken bid on eBay because I couldn't find my PSP charger so I figured I'd buy a new one.]

BUT when i do play them they're fun as and great time wasters.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#10nintendoggerPosted 8/9/2011 10:21:39 PM
I still feel it, and I wanted the 3DS. I think it happens when you spend that much $ on something... so selfish.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.