Buyer's Remorse?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buyer's Remorse?
5 years ago#1
So, I went and purchased the 3DS today from Wal-Mart.
Now that I have it home, opened and have been playing with it.. I wonder.... why did I buy it?

For some reason I am filled with Regret. I bought the system, Zelda and Zelda Link's Awakening.
Came home charged the system and started playing it but now I wonder why I bought it in the first place.... I barely play my DSI and yet I go out and buy a new system.

Sorry, just.. wanted to say this some where. Part of me wants to return the system already but I don't know if I should.
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
5 years ago#2

So, I went and purchased the 3DS today from Wal-Mart.
Now that I have it home, opened and have been playing with it.. I wonder.... why did I buy it?

For some reason I am filled with Regret. I bought the system, Zelda and Zelda Wind Waker. Came home charged the system and started playing it but now I wonder why I bought it in the first place.... I barely play my DSI and yet I go out and buy a new system.

Sorry, just.. wanted to say this some where. Part of me wants to return the system already but I don't know if I should.

Blogfaqs!... Wait there is something odd here.
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
5 years ago#3
More of wondering if anyone else had these feelings.
ACK! Zelda Ocarina and Zelda Link's Awakening DX.
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
5 years ago#4
I had that same feeling at launch, so I returned mine and helped pay for one sweet ass guitar. Glad I did, never would've played it and now I get it $80 cheaper with 20 free roms. But uh...Mario Kart is coming, so you should probably keep it...
5 years ago#5
Why would you feel bad about buying a system? This has got to be a joke topic.
5 years ago#6
CHOVI3 posted...
Why would you feel bad about buying a system? This has got to be a joke topic.

Cause honestly, I don't feel like I need it or that I will play it that much.
I should be saving up for my big move in 6months, instead I buy something frivilous that I may or may not play, the only reason I got hyped was the 20 free games and the price drop.

I was not interested before then.
5 years ago#7
In the past I've had feelings of remorse over buying a system, particularly my Kindle. Since I read for about an hour a day on my Kindle, minimum, I can't really argue against it as I do get my money's worth.
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on.
5 years ago#8
Q: You find something at a great bargain price! What do you do?

* Buy it right away! (Hasty +2) *OP's Logic*
* Think about whether you need it. (Quiet +1) *Logical Logic*
* Demand an even bigger discount! (Bold +2)

Seriously though

If you didn't want it why'd you even buy it? I bought it since I KNEW I was gonna play it, I KNEW games were coming out this very year I wanted in the next three months, and there were a handful already out (OOT3D, Dream Trigger, Samurai Warriors), so try to think these things out more. If you've opened it, have fun trying to return it, by the way.
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
5 years ago#9
Similar position. (Not exactly but...)

I buy handhelds because my reasoning is I'm never home much/travel frequently, etc etc.

Which was true and still is, but I spend more time PC gaming than anything else.

To be honest, I rarely play the handhelds I have/had and they more or less just sit around.
(Nintendo handhelds when Pokemon is out is a different story.)

But I've got 4x PSP (2x1k,2x2k), 3 DSL, 1DSi (stolen) and 3DS.

Do I need any of them? Nope.
Do I play them every day? Nope.
Do I ever wonder why I bought them? Yes. [Especially the last PSP which I bought 3 weeks ago after a drunken bid on eBay because I couldn't find my PSP charger so I figured I'd buy a new one.]

BUT when i do play them they're fun as and great time wasters.
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
5 years ago#10
I still feel it, and I wanted the 3DS. I think it happens when you spend that much $ on something... so selfish.
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buyer's Remorse?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived