Confused a bit on Four Swords Multi ?

#1crazybotPosted 8/10/2011 6:36:47 AM
So we get the game. I have the GameCube version, so I know how it works. But not clear on this new download. Will you be able to play with others online ? Or will it still be local play with the need for multiple devices ? And If I have an original ds, will I be able to play 2 players, me with a 3ds and another with my Original ds ? Do we even know anything about this yet ?
#2curryandricePosted 8/10/2011 6:38:24 AM
It's a port of the GBA game so you can ONLY play it in multiplayer mode. No online multiplayer, you need to download it from the Nintendo eshop when it's released so only DSi (XL) and 3DS can play.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#3Pikachu1918Posted 8/10/2011 6:39:42 AM
It will only be given to people who own 3DS, DSI, or DSI XL because those systems can goto the eshop, which means they have internal memory large enough to record games.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#4crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 6:42:36 AM
That makes sense. If I had used my brain, I would have thought through that a dsi, XL was needed. Now that I think about it. I have the GBA Zelda lttp with this game included. I wonder if I'll be able to play with my DS and a true copy of the game and my 3ds with the download on it ? Will these two link ? I don't know why not ?
#5niels200683Posted 8/10/2011 6:51:21 AM
crazybot posted...
That makes sense. If I had used my brain, I would have thought through that a dsi, XL was needed. Now that I think about it. I have the GBA Zelda lttp with this game included. I wonder if I'll be able to play with my DS and a true copy of the game and my 3ds with the download on it ? Will these two link ? I don't know why not ?

I do. Original was on GBA, that used the linking cable - the original game cannot magically obtain an update telling it what WiFi connection is.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#6PitfallMarioPosted 8/10/2011 6:58:06 AM
This is going to be the most useless download since the DSIWare Flashlight. Why they couldn't include a single player mode is beyond me. What a pathetic way to celebrate the anniversary.
#7SlaysmePosted 8/10/2011 7:11:27 AM
They could enable dl play, then any DS could do local multi. But yes, no wifi support is lame
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and slowly improving from archaic business practices.
#8FrankGrimeyPosted 8/10/2011 7:27:06 AM
PitfallMario posted...
This is going to be the most useless download since the DSIWare Flashlight. Why they couldn't include a single player mode is beyond me. What a pathetic way to celebrate the anniversary.

Requires actual work. Nintendo's celebration of it's franchises tend to be extremely lazy and half assed.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#9GTMPosted 8/10/2011 7:28:37 AM
FrankGrimey posted...
Requires actual work. Nintendo's celebration of it's franchises tend to be extremely lazy and half assed.

They're just like me *sheds a tear*
---
Growlithe-Tackling Mantine - Go To Meowth - Gardevoir + Mamoswine
Woo Woo Woo! You Know It!
#10VirilessPosted 8/10/2011 7:33:04 AM
I'd honestly rather pay $10 and have online multiplayer with 4 swords than simply it being free with no online multiplayer.
---
SSBB:FC:Hyper-1075-0415-0578
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Project__Mayhem (visit site ^_^)