Nintendo doesn't want my money... or maybe Gamestop just sucks

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo doesn't want my money... or maybe Gamestop just sucks
5 years ago#1
so I went to a Gamestop today to pick up a eShop card to download some stuff. turns out they don't get them until "mid August"

question: does gamestop suck ass or are the cards not out yet in Europe?

I know we were supposed to get them late, but I could have sworn they should be available by now
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 6, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 7, XII: 9
5 years ago#2
Both.
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
5 years ago#3
they arent out yet?
i could have sworn i saw them at my local gamestop...
5 years ago#4
i got a $20 one at bestbuy saturday when i bought my pre-price match loophole special
5 years ago#5
Not in Europe. We've had them since before eshop in the states
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and slowly improving from archaic business practices.
5 years ago#6
Nintendo is desperate for your money. I just figure various conflicting national laws make it difficult to release a works-for-all system of selling those types of cards to Nintendo's liking for the 3DS. I'm sure they're aware of new security concerns too.
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
5 years ago#7
I suggest a PrePaid Credit Card. Since Nintendo is doing straight cash now, works great! And you can use the CC for other stuff too.
5 years ago#8
kyomagi posted...
i got a $20 one at bestbuy saturday when i bought my pre-price match loophole special

Yeah, and if 3DS owners think back to the launch of the system, Nintendo has been doing a lot of its 3DS marketing in a partnership with Best Buy. It's likely there is some type of exclusivity deal in place with them, which could be why the cards aren't showing up elsewhere.
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo doesn't want my money... or maybe Gamestop just sucks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived