Poll: Do you think 3DS could handle Shadow of the Colossus?

#1MechaKoopa5000Posted 8/10/2011 1:06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure this will end with 99% "yes" answers, but I'm interested to see if anyone says no. Shadow of the Colossus is one of the prettiest PS2 games I've ever seen. I only bring this up because I recently saw a trailer for the PS3 HD remakes of ICO and Shadow.

Knowing the power of the 3DS, I'd say, yeah... the thing could definitely handle Shadow of the Colossus, but at the same time, I've yet to see anything that looks similar on the 3DS. RE: Revelations looks great, but that's a dif art style entirely.
#2NinjaKitsunePosted 8/10/2011 1:09:14 PM
Graphics? Almost certainly. As with Okami, it's probably the controls you need to worry about.
---
Good idea: giving the kender a shiny coin for disabling the trapped hall.
Bad idea: showing the kender a shiny coin and tossing it down the trapped hall.
#3Captain_DrekPosted 8/10/2011 1:11:01 PM(edited)
3DS Power = Better than GameCube, but just under Wii.

GC had better graphics and processing power than PS2, so yes.

As previously stated though SotC's controls wouldn't be easy to say the least.
It would probably make me throw my 3DS against a wall.
---
If you're telekinetic and you know it clap my hands.
Miroku_of_Nite1 is a gentleman and a scholar.
#4Savra104Posted 8/10/2011 1:10:44 PM
Why poll on something that is true?

If Shadow of the Colossus was (re)made for 3DS, it would run perfectly fine, and it'd have any added features Team ICO wanted to add. That means if they want 3D, they can do it. If they wanted it to look better, they can do it. If they wanted to add more areas, they can do it.
#5MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 1:13:16 PM(edited)
For all the talk about GCN being more powerful than PS2, the only Cube game I've ever seen that looks noticeably better than anything the PS2 ever did was RE4.

And while we're on this depressing note, considering how much stronger Wii is than PS2, I've only ever seen like 5-10 games that would probably look worse on PS2. I love the Wii (not so much in 2011, admittedly), but it was very annoying to see PS2 games come out that looked the same or BETTER than Wii games.
#6Captain_DrekPosted 8/10/2011 1:16:05 PM(edited)
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
For all the talk about GCN being more powerful than PS2, the only Cube game I've ever seen that looks noticeably better than anything the PS2 ever did was RE4.

-_-
PS2 still has yet to have a game that maxes out it's capabilities and even though it gets a new game every three months or so it's pretty much dead.

GC died before anyone made a graphically appropriate game for it.

If you're just gonna argue against the truth from here on out, all of us may as well leave.
I didn't believe it at first too, but the GC is more powerful than the PS2.'
---
If you're telekinetic and you know it clap my hands.
Miroku_of_Nite1 is a gentleman and a scholar.
#7MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 1:18:39 PM(edited)
captindrek09 posted...
GC died before anyone made a graphically appropriate game for it.

Except RE4 :)

RE4 on PS2 was dirt compared to the Cube one. Obviously Wii is the best version, but that's not relevant. Visually, probably PC is the best version. Again... irrelevant.

I still want to believe Wii hasn't had a game that utilizes its power either. Prime 3, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 look great, but I'm sure it can still do even better. Never gonna happen, though.

If they never sold Rare, Cube and Wii would have more showcase worthy games, I'm sure.
#8hedgylovePosted 8/10/2011 1:23:46 PM
The PS2 could hardly handle it...so I don't know. It would be awesome but I'm not tech-savvy enough to say.
---
I'm a girl.
Currently playing: Dragon Age II, Jeanne D'arc
#9BraveAdolPosted 8/10/2011 1:29:43 PM
Nothing helps me appreciate the scope of giant monsters and a huge desolate world more than seeing them on a 3 inch screen
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#10theshovellerPosted 8/10/2011 1:30:10 PM
In 3D? Probably not, or at least not without what might be a good framerate hit. In regular, old non-3D mode? Probably.

I don't usually look at those type of hardware specs when I look at the hardware, just some of the other things - LCD / LED screen, gyroscope, etc. Graphics is lower priority for me, as well as computing power.