Best Buy Price Matching

#1Cyb3rCrush3rPosted 8/10/2011 6:44:51 PM
If i go to Best Buy and purchase the Nintendo 3DS now, could i go back to them when the price drops to match it and get a refund of the difference?

Yes, that means i'll be a scambassador lol
---
I'm one of them?
#2JackofSpades209Posted 8/10/2011 6:57:22 PM
Im honestly not sure, my best advice is to ask the manager at Best Buy, but i think walmart and target have already dropped the price.
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep --not screaming, like the passengers in his car. I said ass
#3Stubbs5000Posted 8/10/2011 6:59:20 PM
Yes, you can.

By the way, I never understood why using a stores OWN policy is a scam. I got the 3DS at launch and I see no problem with the loophole. It's called getting the most out of your money.
---
~Nintendo could have done a lot better than Wii~
#4CBZ652Posted 8/10/2011 7:03:44 PM
It's not a scam. People with buyer's remorse are calling it a scam to feel better about themselves. If somebody on the street came up to them and offered to buy their shoes for $9593, they'd take the money and run (probably to the shoe store). If they came here and told everyone about it, people here would call them an "evil scammer," because they fail to understand free market economics. That's a common problem among this generation...
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#5Cyb3rCrush3r(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 7:08:21 PM
Yeah, I checked at Walmart. The price was dropped but it was sold out :\
Thanks for the advice, I'll ask the manager when I pick one up.

Also, I agree with you guys. It's not really scamming. The store just happened to lower the price before the cut-off date of the Ambassador Program.
---
I'm one of them?
#6NinjaKitsunePosted 8/10/2011 7:25:51 PM

It's not a scam. People with buyer's remorse are calling it a scam to feel better about themselves. If somebody on the street came up to them and offered to buy their shoes for $9593, they'd take the money and run (probably to the shoe store). If they came here and told everyone about it, people here would call them an "evil scammer," because they fail to understand free market economics. That's a common problem among this generation...

A: Some of us have a moral problem with it. Don't try to pass everyone who disagrees with you as jealous, it's a jerk move and it's wrong
B: just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Take your example, where the buyer could be naive or mentally challenged, and you'd be taking advantage of them. You could try to justify that all you want with "free market economics" but it's still taking advantage of someone.
Of course, that's not really what's happening with the loophole. In that case, it's more person A didn't talk to person B, or they talked and decided in the long run it wasn't worth the fuss.

C: I'm seeing a lot more topics and posts gloating about it and saying anyone who disagrees must be butthurt they couldn't do it themselves than I am seeing complaints about it. Moral issues aside I just want everyone to shut the bloody f*** up about it so we can all get on with our lives.
---
Douglas Adams: "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
#7NinjaKitsunePosted 8/10/2011 7:28:01 PM

Yeah, I checked at Walmart. The price was dropped but it was sold out :\
Thanks for the advice, I'll ask the manager when I pick one up.

Also, I agree with you guys. It's not really scamming. The store just happened to lower the price before the cut-off date of the Ambassador Program.

Yeah, that one I don't have any problem with doing since it's all on wal-mart's head. It's the price-protection which was the original "scam" and which I think is a little fishy.
---
Professor Snape definitely does not have pointed ears, and under no circumstances is he to be addressed as 'Spock'.
#8CBZ652Posted 8/10/2011 7:53:41 PM(edited)
NinjaKitsune posted...
A: Some of us have a moral problem with it. Don't try to pass everyone who disagrees with you as jealous, it's a jerk move and it's wrong
B: just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Take your example, where the buyer could be naive or mentally challenged, and you'd be taking advantage of them. You could try to justify that all you want with "free market economics" but it's still taking advantage of someone.
Of course, that's not really what's happening with the loophole. In that case, it's more person A didn't talk to person B, or they talked and decided in the long run it wasn't worth the fuss.

C: I'm seeing a lot more topics and posts gloating about it and saying anyone who disagrees must be butthurt they couldn't do it themselves than I am seeing complaints about it. Moral issues aside I just want everyone to shut the bloody **** up about it so we can all get on with our lives.

No... If you have a moral problem with it (or anything), and you are making it a big deal, that's a jerk move and it's wrong. I fail to even see your "moral" problem with it anyway. Were you or were you not given everything you were promised? Done! That's the extent that "morals" are relevant here. Period.

Oh please... Your B point is incredibly misguided. You can mince words all day long. I really don't care. I'm sure you'll grandstand about your "morals" again, which implies that anybody who disagrees with you somehow lacks them (hint: we don't!). Nobody is forcing anybody to take any of these deals. Everyone is being given exactly what they agreed to.

C. The way you're using your clever censor bypass, I think it's you doing the gloating. By the way, that's not very "moral" of you... Frankly, I didn't even bring it up. The post above mine has a person automatically feeling the need to defend himself against being called a scammer, so again, it's not as one way as you think.

Let's look at Nintendo's goals. 1.) Make money. 2.) See number 1.

Few people have a 3DS. They want to spur more sales, so they drop the price. Why? To achieve their goal. They didn't have to do ANYTHING for you. You already agreed to an entered in to a transaction with them for a different price than I did. They chose to give you something for free. Presumably, this is because they want to retain you as a customer. Why? To achieve their goal. Is this making sense?

Now, I bought a 3DS. I was not interested in the system at the previous price point. Frankly, I was not interested at the current price point without the additional games. Does Nintendo care? No. Why should they? They made a sale, and they are achieving their goal. Period.

You are receiving something for nothing and you are COMPLAINING! And you want to grandstand about your "morals..." This is class warfare, straight up. You can dress it up any way you like, but you're upset that somebody has something you don't, in this case, a better price on hardware and software. I don't have a problem with you getting free stuff or having the system and enjoying it for months longer than me. I don't have a problem with somebody buying a 3DS in 23 years for $5, either.
---
#9NinjaKitsunePosted 8/10/2011 7:49:16 PM(edited)
Given that in that huge rant you just posted you didn't manage to counter a single one of my points, I'm not particularly inclined to believe you have any clue what you're talking about, much less what I'm talking about.
---
RAM disk is NOT an installation procedure.
#10CBZ652Posted 8/10/2011 7:57:38 PM
Let's see, in your point A, you essentially called me a name...
In your point B, you implied I'm a bad person...
And in your point C, you swore at me...

And you claim I didn't address your points and that I'm ranting. Yeah... Ok. Much of my last post was YOUR QUOTE. Then I addressed your points. Your failure to acknowledge that does not mean I did not address them, weak though they were.
---