Best Buy Price Matching

#31NinjaKitsunePosted 8/10/2011 7:57:33 PM

NinjaKitsune posted...

Admittedly at that last bit I was beginning to lose my cool. But I think N set it up to be games or price drop, and like I said no one corporate-side wanted to raise a fuss about the price matching. I guess throwing moral around is a bit too much. If you felt you had an issue with it you could have waited until after the official price drop, but obviously you don't so that's your thing. Anyways, enjoy your new system and the games.

I do not seek to offend.

To be completely honest, I was against doing the price match, I was posting in all of the anti-loophole threads, saying how it just was shady, etc etc. Then, I realized the opportunity it held... and the fact that I could get the system two weeks earlier (which is ultimately what lead me to go out and get it).

I'm not sure if being impatient is as immoral as being greedy. If we want to talk about game greed, then really it's the people who buy out the whole shelf of one limited edition and then sell it online for like 3 times as much. >.> (I'm looking at you people who bought out all the Wiis at launch!)

You weren't the one annoying me, I don't really consider being impatient as bad. Honestly now, I can see it's small beans and I do wish I would stop letting myself get dragged into the more ranty ones.
---
There once was a buggy AI, Who decided her subject should die.
When the plot was uncovered,The subjected discovered, That sadly the cake was a lie.
#32nintendoggerPosted 8/10/2011 7:59:34 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...

You weren't the one annoying me, I don't really consider being impatient as bad. Honestly now, I can see it's small beans and I do wish I would stop letting myself get dragged into the more ranty ones.

If you're anything like me, it's hard to resist. There is also no shame in standing by your word.

TC, if you're a female and can wear a dress both trips to Best buy, it helps. At least I think it did.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#33TheloPronoeoPosted 8/10/2011 8:11:38 PM
Question for those of you who don't think it's fair, what if a store had been selling the 3DS under the $250 price that Nintendo suggested this whole time?

What Target and Walmart are doing is not wrong or immoral. The price of $250 that the 3DS was (and still is for a few more days at most stores) was just the suggested retail price, which is what the manufacturer (in this case Nintendo) set. But stores are free to sell either above or below that price whenever they want to.
#341shadetail1Posted 8/10/2011 8:20:37 PM
["If i go to Best Buy and purchase the Nintendo 3DS now, could i go back to them when the price drops to match it and get a refund of the difference?"]

The Best Buy nearest to me has told me "yes". In fact, they've told me several times. But you'd be better off asking your near-by locations instead of taking anyone else's word for it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#35Cyb3rCrush3r(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 8:29:31 PM
nintendogger posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...

If you're anything like me, it's hard to resist. There is also no shame in standing by your word.

TC, if you're a female and can wear a dress both trips to Best buy, it helps. At least I think it did.

Haha nice. But I'm a guy lol

1shadetail1 posted...
["If i go to Best Buy and purchase the Nintendo 3DS now, could i go back to them when the price drops to match it and get a refund of the difference?"]

The Best Buy nearest to me has told me "yes". In fact, they've told me several times. But you'd be better off asking your near-by locations instead of taking anyone else's word for it.

Thanks for the info. As stated before, I already bought my 3DS from Target at 170$.
This information could be useful for those yet to buy their own 3DS, though.
---
I'm one of them?
#36WrenchNinjaPosted 8/12/2011 6:33:11 PM
Such bitter tears from Ninja Kitsune.
---
There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss...but when it looked back at us...you blinked.