Investors pressure Nintendo to consider smartphone dev...

#51darkqueenhelbaPosted 8/11/2011 8:45:09 AM
Also, what difference would it make if they don't undersell their software? How many people are going to buy Nintendo software off mobile devices for their prices? Honestly, I wouldn't expect them to sell any less than the "new" downloadable titles they have now. Most of the people that buy games off their phones buy cheap. I doubt many spend over $10-$15. So what benefit is that to Nintendo? It doesn't make sense for them. And people are going to continue buying gaming specific devices as long as there is premium content on the hardware. That's not even debatable.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#52VyersPosted 8/11/2011 8:36:03 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Also, what difference would it make if they don't undersell their software? How many people are going to buy Nintendo software off mobile devices for their prices? Honestly, I wouldn't expect them to sell any less than the "new" downloadable titles they have now. Most of the people that buy games off their phones buy cheap. I doubt many spend over $10-$15. So what benefit is that to Nintendo? It doesn't make sense for them. And people are going to continue buying gaming specific devices as long as there is premium content on the hardware. That's not even debatable.

Nintendo wouldn't charge above market on iOS platforms.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#53THE gamefreak 212Posted 8/11/2011 8:45:09 PM
Something I noticed in that article:

Six months after the launch of the Nintendo 3GS, the company has been forced to slash its price by 40 percent.
---
"The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven And Hell!" Black Sabbath- Heaven And Hell