can I get an unbiased answer?

#1Botnus912Posted 8/11/2011 7:30:02 AM
should I get Ocarina of Time 3D or Persona 3 Portable?

I've spent A LOT of money on video games this summer, and I've decided to cut my off after 1 more purchase until at least November, when all those AAA console titles come out. I got my 3DS yesterday in preparation for Mario Kart and Kingdom Hearts 3D next year. But then I realized that it'd look kind of stupid if I bought a console and had no games for 5 months. I've wanted P3P for a while now, and it finally shows up at my local Gamestop. I've already played and beaten Ocarina of Time before, but that was like 7 years ago. I'm thinking that it would be smarter to get OoT now, because Nintendo first party titles don't go down in price for a very long time, while P3P has a good chance of having a price cut soon. But, P3P would be a brand new experience
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Botnus
#2miso870Posted 8/11/2011 7:33:03 AM
Botnus912 posted...
should I get Ocarina of Time 3D or Persona 3 Portable?

I've spent A LOT of money on video games this summer, and I've decided to cut my off after 1 more purchase until at least November, when all those AAA console titles come out. I got my 3DS yesterday in preparation for Mario Kart and Kingdom Hearts 3D next year. But then I realized that it'd look kind of stupid if I bought a console and had no games for 5 months. I've wanted P3P for a while now, and it finally shows up at my local Gamestop. I've already played and beaten Ocarina of Time before, but that was like 7 years ago. I'm thinking that it would be smarter to get OoT now, because Nintendo first party titles don't go down in price for a very long time, while P3P has a good chance of having a price cut soon. But, P3P would be a brand new experience

I'm not sure where you live but Atlus's games don't lower in price that often.

I'd definitely go with P3P. Like you said, it's completely new, and it is one of the best JRPGs out there. It will also last you a very long time - around 70 hours. Plus, it's a good way to get ready for Persona 5 which should be announced very soon.
#3curryandricePosted 8/11/2011 7:33:07 AM
Get P3P cause you might not be able to find it later on and it's a very long lasting game. I've put 70 hours into it and haven't even finished the male story yet, there's also the different female story to play as.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#4shadowstrike600Posted 8/11/2011 7:33:11 AM
If i were you id go with OoT because of what you said nintendo games almost never go down in price for years.
---
318 Wins 42 Loses
#5theshovellerPosted 8/11/2011 7:35:48 AM
That's a really tough call. I'd normally say Persona 3 over Zelda, but Portable doesn't have those really cool AMV cutscenes like P3 and P3:FES had.

I guess if you want something that focuses more on RPG aspects and customizability, then Persona 3. If you want a Zelda game, and everything that encompasses that, then get Zelda. If you haven't played Persona before, and you did play Zelda 64 before, then I'd almost certainly suggest Persona 3, just because it's a new story you're not familiar with.
#6LordAndrewPosted 8/11/2011 7:38:37 AM
Ocarina of Time will be available forever. I'd go with Persona 3 in this case.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#7SimpleStar010Posted 8/11/2011 7:40:15 AM
Well have you played OoT before? If so, go for P3P.
---
Occupation- Bassist and Student
#8lambchipsPosted 8/11/2011 7:42:20 AM
p3p because its an atlus game
^the female MC was a great addition too!

that said LoZ is def a better game, but p3p is one i enjoyed more
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#9Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/11/2011 7:43:21 AM
I say get OoT first, then afterwards get P3P, or better yet get P3FES or P4
#10SimpleStar010Posted 8/11/2011 7:44:27 AM
Also I don't know if you have a Wii, though OoT is on the Wii for $10. Maybe you can get both.
---
Occupation- Bassist and Student