in order to keep the 3ds alive and compete nintendo must do.....

#1zender1999Posted 8/11/2011 10:40:43 AM
this is my advice, im just an old gamer, no major in anything, average brain iq thats it

obviously they have done the first step, which i see a very good move, the price reduction, but that alone is not enough

what i think is, there HAS to be different prices for the games, for example, pacman..or that cube game or anything similar like steel diver, cannot be sold for $ 40, its just to much

it would have worked before, but now with ios and the appstore, those kind of games just look like a big rip off, it cant go on like that

so once again, my advice

1 different prices for games, it doesnt mean just because a game is new it has to cost $ 40

2 dont release those rip off games at those prices but instead, release them for an appropiate price on the eshop

thats it, what you think?
#2med088Posted 8/11/2011 10:44:16 AM
I like the idea. I do feel that many portable games are not worth $40.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"
#3Dragon lord27Posted 8/11/2011 10:47:28 AM
Nintendo can't tell third parties what to sell their games for.

Theres a history behind that idea and it didn't work very well. At all.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~
#4theshovellerPosted 8/11/2011 10:49:16 AM
I have to agree that the stuff in the e-shop is overpriced a bit - I mean, $7 or so for a 3D NES game? That should be about $3 or $4, tops. And as for releasing new retail games at $40, I think that's a tad high for the offerings right now. I guarantee the first Pokemon game coming out for the system will be $45, since something I've noticed working many years of retail is those tend to be about $5 higher than the norm for GBA / DS games. If a majority of games were in the $30-$40 range, it'd be better - a slightly cheaper price means more potential sales, which only means more profit in the long run.

But what do I know?
#5zender1999(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 10:58:52 AM
i still think there is room for the $ 40 game of course, a full game, lets say like a nice new mario game, or call of duty with a full single player campaign and multiplayer, any game, packed with features,a nice story and multiplayer, if its worth the $ 40 i will pay the $ 40 happily

but games like stell diver, cubicsomething, pacman or anything similar priced at $ 40 as well its just an insult to the gamer, it makes the 3ds look bad, like it or not, the competition, ios app store, is full of those kind of games for $ 1

nintendo has to change this, this is a brand new generation, they must see these big problems they must adapt fast
#6zender1999(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 11:02:53 AM
different prices is the way of the future, you cant just price every game no matter what it is or what it offers at $ 40 anymore

once this is fixed, i see a very good future for the 3ds, it it will not be fixed, i see very few third party games and a lot of nintendo games

once third parties will realise that their pacman/steel diver/cubic something gets bad sales ( i wonder why ) they will just abandon the 3ds
#7shikaka22Posted 8/11/2011 11:10:13 AM
Once people stop blowing $60 on garbage like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and <insert yearly FPS here>, they will stop charging a flat rate for every new game, regardless of handheld or console.

Unfortunately, human beings are impatient and stupid, so that won't happen any time soon.
#8TerotrousPosted 8/11/2011 11:13:02 AM
Once people stop blowing $60 on garbage like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

This is a bad example because UMvsC3 is only $40.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES MC Kids"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9MechaKoopa5000Posted 8/11/2011 11:26:33 AM
But what if people attach how expensive a game is to the quality of the title? How many companies will want to willingly release $15-20 games?
#10theshovellerPosted 8/11/2011 11:28:11 AM
Gnik posted...
Once people stop blowing $60 on garbage like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

This is a bad example because UMvsC3 is only $40.

But, much like the 3DS, it's coming out only four months after it originally came out.

Might be a bit of an exaggeration (I forget when it first came out), but you get my point. Also, Capcom throws the same game out with a minor revision way too often. There's about four different versions of Street Fighter 4 out already, and I don't think it's even been a year.