I really want Pokemon Gen 6 to be announced

#31LightHawKnightPosted 8/11/2011 5:41:35 PM

Except for, you know, Pokemon main games look much better in 2D. That's plenty reason enough.

This. I see no need of 3D models when they generally look like trash on handhelds.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#32emagdnEPosted 8/11/2011 6:05:22 PM
JRPGs are looking to be scarce on 3DS too, so that's all the more reason to release Pokemon Gen 6 early
Pokémon is not an interactive movie, it is not a jRPG, it is a strategy/breeding game with RPG elements that are largely ignored in competitive play

lol agreed. Every time I mention how bad this gen's pkmn look, people here tell me I'm being a nostalgia freak.
you too, huh?

it's hillarious, because I actually spend just as much time pointing out how uninspired the First Generation pokémon were (Poliwhirl evolves..... and just gets angry? that's it?) as I do the Fifth Generation abominations
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#33jayman7Posted 8/11/2011 6:22:05 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Except for, you know, Pokemon main games look much better in 2D. That's plenty reason enough.
This. I see no need of 3D models when they generally look like trash on handhelds.

Ah, opinions. I think the Pokedex 3D looks perfectly fine; a fully 3D Pokemon game would probably use those models.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#34DiscomasterPosted 8/11/2011 6:42:26 PM
I hate to be the one to sound cynical... I've been playing Pokemon since 1999 and every new generation (and remake) I have played and beaten... But do we really need any more new monsters? Catching 'em all went from short-term fun to a completed game, then epic, then super epic, and now teetering on excessive.

I'll attempt to curb my cynicism by offering this (hopeful) possibility... Instead of new 3DS games adding a relatively small new area and 100+ more monsters to catch, how about limiting it to a small handful of new iterations, like around 25-30, and then interconnecting all of the worlds? Even better... Instead of having a color A/color B where both games are essentially the same with minor differences, have 4-5 different games each set in the already existing worlds so that all games have widely different monster varieties, making trading a lot more interactive locally and online. That, and make a full-on stadium that players of all games can fly to and interact in.