Did anyone else mysteriously get Link's Awakening DX?

#1chrono01Posted 8/11/2011 5:29:38 PM(edited)
EDIT - I was horribly mistaken, so please disregard my original post. I do apologize to you all.

I noticed when I registered my Ocarina of Time 3D cartridge way back [for the OST offer] that I got a Link's Awakening DX survey. I thought it was just mis-labeled, and was meant for Ocarina of Time, so I thought nothing of it.

However, I was going through my system menu just the other day on my 3DS, and lo and behold, I had Link's Awakening DX. I know I never purchased it [not that I wouldn't, it's an absolutely incredible title, but I already own it for the GBC], as the only things I downloaded from the e-Shop as of yet were all free. But even still, it's there on my menu with no real knowledge of how it appeared.

Was there a promotion I didn't know of that gave away Link's Awakening? Or is it just a freak accident [and blessing] that I got it for free?
---
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
#2SShredder565Posted 8/11/2011 5:00:46 PM
I just bought LA: DX a couple days ago. D: It would suck if they are giving it away for free now.
#3kirbycoolPosted 8/11/2011 5:02:05 PM
There was no promotion o.0 Thats really weird if true, but i don't know how it would even download by itself.
---
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170
#4ferofaxPosted 8/11/2011 5:03:13 PM
awww, you get my hopes up. you make me cry. :(
why you go do dat?
---
PSzero FC: 3523-7125-5632, COD:MWM, MPH, FFTA2
#5trizznillaPosted 8/11/2011 5:04:39 PM
It's the actual game, and not a video? Wish I got it for free.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#6chrono01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 5:05:28 PM
SShredder565 posted...
I just bought LA: DX a couple days ago. D: It would suck if they are giving it away for free now.

No no, it's definitely been more than a few days. It's been at least a month [well, a day or so after the launch of Ocarina of Time 3D], so no worries!

kirbycool40 posted...
There was no promotion o.0 Thats really weird if true, but i don't know how it would even download by itself.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure either. I know I downloaded several things from the e-Shop [like I said, they were free] so maybe wires got crossed, and I downloaded LA: DX along with something like the Pokedex 3D or Excitebike 3D?

I really wish I got diagnose when it first popped up, but I just saw it yesterday when I went to update my 3DS. My 3DS doesn't get a whole lot of use at the moment, but I'm sure that will change soon. Super Mario 3D Land is soon here, and Star Fox 3D, of course. >:)
---
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
#7chrono01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 5:07:42 PM(edited)
ferofax posted...
awww, you get my hopes up. you make me cry. :(
why you go do dat?

I am sorry. I did not mean to cause you to shed tears. Hopefully my little fellow Kirby can cheer you up.

^(^_^)v

trizznilla posted...
It's the actual game, and not a video? Wish I got it for free.

It's definitely the full game. I know, it's really baffling me, haha.

But I guess one shouldn't complain when obtaining free items. I'd still like to know how it happened, though.
---
#8MellowLyricistPosted 8/11/2011 5:07:58 PM
Did someone sneak onto your 3DS and buy it for you? :x Check your purchase history.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#9chrono01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 5:09:46 PM
I do not think that, since it is usually guarded by myself and my rather large [er, well tiny] fists. But I will check to be sure.
---
#10chrono01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 5:28:04 PM
Sorry, for the delay. I had to mess with my router to fix the wireless Internet.

Well, it seems I do have a transaction history for it, along with funds in my account. So I either purchased the game and just don't remember it [some alcoholic beverages may be to thank for this] or some magical being crept into my room whilst I was sleeping, and did the deed. I am unsure, although I personally feel [and hope] for the former. The idea of a creature looming over me as I attempt to sleep is not at all pleasant.

I do apologize to you all. It seems I was mistaken and actually bought the game after all [not sure why, since I already own it, but then again, I return to the "beverages"]. So do not fear, you did not miss out on a free Link's Awakening. This was all just a huge misunderstanding [thanks, in part, to my incredibly dull nature].

I shall close this topic as soon as I am able, I just thought I'd update you all on the situation first. ^_^
---