Did anyone else mysteriously get Link's Awakening DX?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did anyone else mysteriously get Link's Awakening DX?

User Info: chrono01

chrono01
5 years ago#1
EDIT - I was horribly mistaken, so please disregard my original post. I do apologize to you all.

I noticed when I registered my Ocarina of Time 3D cartridge way back [for the OST offer] that I got a Link's Awakening DX survey. I thought it was just mis-labeled, and was meant for Ocarina of Time, so I thought nothing of it.

However, I was going through my system menu just the other day on my 3DS, and lo and behold, I had Link's Awakening DX. I know I never purchased it [not that I wouldn't, it's an absolutely incredible title, but I already own it for the GBC], as the only things I downloaded from the e-Shop as of yet were all free. But even still, it's there on my menu with no real knowledge of how it appeared.

Was there a promotion I didn't know of that gave away Link's Awakening? Or is it just a freak accident [and blessing] that I got it for free?
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

User Info: SShredder565

SShredder565
5 years ago#2
I just bought LA: DX a couple days ago. D: It would suck if they are giving it away for free now.

User Info: kirbycool

kirbycool
5 years ago#3
There was no promotion o.0 Thats really weird if true, but i don't know how it would even download by itself.
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170

User Info: ferofax

ferofax
5 years ago#4
awww, you get my hopes up. you make me cry. :(
why you go do dat?
PSzero FC: 3523-7125-5632, COD:MWM, MPH, FFTA2

User Info: trizznilla

trizznilla
5 years ago#5
It's the actual game, and not a video? Wish I got it for free.
hardcore about the casual.

chrono01
5 years ago#6
SShredder565 posted...
I just bought LA: DX a couple days ago. D: It would suck if they are giving it away for free now.

No no, it's definitely been more than a few days. It's been at least a month [well, a day or so after the launch of Ocarina of Time 3D], so no worries!

kirbycool40 posted...
There was no promotion o.0 Thats really weird if true, but i don't know how it would even download by itself.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure either. I know I downloaded several things from the e-Shop [like I said, they were free] so maybe wires got crossed, and I downloaded LA: DX along with something like the Pokedex 3D or Excitebike 3D?

I really wish I got diagnose when it first popped up, but I just saw it yesterday when I went to update my 3DS. My 3DS doesn't get a whole lot of use at the moment, but I'm sure that will change soon. Super Mario 3D Land is soon here, and Star Fox 3D, of course. >:)
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

chrono01
5 years ago#7
ferofax posted...
awww, you get my hopes up. you make me cry. :(
why you go do dat?

I am sorry. I did not mean to cause you to shed tears. Hopefully my little fellow Kirby can cheer you up.

^(^_^)v

trizznilla posted...
It's the actual game, and not a video? Wish I got it for free.

It's definitely the full game. I know, it's really baffling me, haha.

But I guess one shouldn't complain when obtaining free items. I'd still like to know how it happened, though.

User Info: MellowLyricist

MellowLyricist
5 years ago#8
Did someone sneak onto your 3DS and buy it for you? :x Check your purchase history.
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.

chrono01
5 years ago#9
I do not think that, since it is usually guarded by myself and my rather large [er, well tiny] fists. But I will check to be sure.

chrono01
5 years ago#10
Sorry, for the delay. I had to mess with my router to fix the wireless Internet.

Well, it seems I do have a transaction history for it, along with funds in my account. So I either purchased the game and just don't remember it [some alcoholic beverages may be to thank for this] or some magical being crept into my room whilst I was sleeping, and did the deed. I am unsure, although I personally feel [and hope] for the former. The idea of a creature looming over me as I attempt to sleep is not at all pleasant.

I do apologize to you all. It seems I was mistaken and actually bought the game after all [not sure why, since I already own it, but then again, I return to the "beverages"]. So do not fear, you did not miss out on a free Link's Awakening. This was all just a huge misunderstanding [thanks, in part, to my incredibly dull nature].

I shall close this topic as soon as I am able, I just thought I'd update you all on the situation first. ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did anyone else mysteriously get Link's Awakening DX?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived