I'd be stupid NOT to get a 3DS for $100 right?

#11Naveen93(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 6:09:35 PM
jordandrako posted...
You can't get the 3DS for $99 when trading in a dsl. Only when trading in a dsi xl. The DS Lite trade in will get you one for $129.99.
Either way you'd be stupid to not get one at that price unless you want to keep your lite to play GBA games on.

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

"GameStop, meanwhile, is offering a similar deal for its PowerUp Rewards Pro members. Trading in a DSi, DSi XL or DS Lite will immediately discount a new 3DS to $99. PowerUp Pro members pay $14.99 annually for the service's benefits."

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1187529p1.html

I'm a PowerUp Rewards Pro member so I can trade in my DS Lite for $70 tomorrow towards a 3DS (I got an email today, they're putting up the coupon on the PowerUp website tomorrow).

But thanks, that's all I needed to hear; since I never use my DS Lite at all and I have no interest in keeping it just to play GBA games, I think I'm leaning towards getting a 3DS. For $99 and the ability to play OoT3D and SF643D, I think that alone would be worth it and I'm guessing that eventually, there will be some more must-have titles.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started 1/27/2011
#12JP_SartrePosted 8/11/2011 6:14:12 PM(edited)
jordandrako posted...
JP_Sartre posted...
jordandrako posted...
You can't get the 3DS for $99 when trading in a dsl. Only when trading in a dsi xl. The DS Lite trade in will get you one for $129.99.
Either way you'd be stupid to not get one at that price unless you want to keep your lite to play GBA games on.

The problem is that 3DS displays DS games very poorly. No way I'd trade in my DSi, for this reason.

You'd have to be REALLY nit picky to say that this shows them poorly when its a portable game made for a system that came out 7 years ago.

Then I'm nitpicky. I've seen DS games running side by side on DSi and 3DS. Besides the screen size difference between top and bottom screens, the games look terrible in both modes of 3DS backwards compatability.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#13trizznillaPosted 8/11/2011 6:16:17 PM
If your dslite is useless to you, why would you spend $100 for the new version of something you don't use? I want the 3DS to succeed, but you might want to weigh the 3DS-specific features.

Want a 3D camera/viewer?
Want a somewhat limited browser?
Want some fun AR games?
Want a music player?
Want a Netflix portal?

Other than the above, and 3D games, you're looking at a lite.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#14Sir_HaxorPosted 8/11/2011 6:16:32 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
Naveen93 posted...
My DS Lite is pretty much worthless to me right now so that's definitely not a factor. Pretty much all that concerns me is the future of the 3DS. From what I can tell, it seems kinda unpredictable right now. What are the chances the 3DS eventually has a library that matches the quality of the DS?

Also, does anyone think that starting tomorrow, 3DS's will be difficult to find in stores because of the price cut?

I think it is quite possible, save for three factors that may affect the final outcome-

*Poor release build quality

*Third party developers are not exaclly lining up to create games for the 3ds

*The world economy is bad. This will put a dent in all sales of all video games.

In answer to your last question- No. I think availability will not be a problem.

My walmart was sold out, Best Buy only had like 4 left but they were still priced at $250, and Target only has 3 left thanks to me buying 2. I also live in Buffalo. Take heed of this.
---
"An elephant never forgets, but i forgot what the elephant remembered"-Ed
#15Slipknot2430Posted 8/11/2011 6:29:59 PM
VYou can't get the 3DS for $99 when trading in a dsl. Only when trading in a dsi xl. The DS Lite trade in will get you one for $129.99.

The problem is that 3DS displays DS games very poorly. No way I'd trade in my DSi, for this reason."

Your source isn't the same deal that power rewards members are getting. If your a member of the power up rewards and you got the email and you print off the coupon you can trade in any DS system towards the 3DS and get it for $99. If your not a member then GS is having their own deal which is your source. It is completely different from what the power up rewards program is offering. I just called and confirmed with 4 GS stores that are located by me just to make sure.
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#16FoofyheadPosted 8/11/2011 6:30:08 PM
I couldn't see any difference between games on the 3DS and DSi.
---
Winter is coming.