Confused about whether I've qualified for this "ambassador" thing or not

#1FefnirOmega13Posted 8/11/2011 7:31:47 PM
I bought the 3DS at launch and during the course of time have been on the eshop several times (I got Excitebike when it was free, etc) but I don't see any news entry in my log about the ambassador thing. I logged in on Aug 1 and 2 and there wasn't anything there, and I logged in on Aug 8 or so and I noticed a video, which I watched. Then, on Aug 10, I logged in again, still no news. Today I logged in at 21:45 GMT (3 hours ahead of Eastern?) and still nothing at all and I've been constantly signing in and out for the past four hours or so, nothing doing and no news post about me being any ambassador of any sort

Is it a safe bet that I'm royally screwed and thus can launch my 3DS out of the window? Cause I'm going to be grumpy as all **** if I've missed out on this deal; The games aren't really a big deal because I've already got four of the confirmed five GBA games and the NES games are going to be buyable, but it's still supposed to make up for buying this tinheap for full price when in actual reality it's been sat on my desk gathering dust while I wear my DSi out because regular DS games look ugly on it, with or without the resolution fix.

Just one of those things, I guess...
---
Touhouism is my way of life. Lose yourself in my bullet streams...
Patchouli Knowledge for best librarian '10! Pkmn White Code in Quote
#2nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 7:32:33 PM
You're in.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#3Sirian_HawkPosted 8/11/2011 7:37:38 PM
log into e-shop -> scroll one left to news -> click -> select "Ambassador Program" (should be top one) -> Read first line "You are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador!"

If for some reason that isn't there you could always try phoning Nintendo customer support.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#4FefnirOmega13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:39:10 PM(edited)
I see. Thank you. Although if anything this makes me slightly moreso irate because it's caused me to worry about this, but I guess I'll have to suck it up. Can't complain when there's free games with no legal drawback, really.

EDIT: That isn't there. All I see are chains of "What's new on X of Month" reports.
---
#5andodelPosted 8/11/2011 7:39:55 PM
I'm going to repeat this from another thread.
People are so paranoid these days. When Nintendo said "Just log into the E-Shop to become an ambassador", I don't think they were lying.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#6FefnirOmega13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:44:52 PM
andodel posted...
I'm going to repeat this from another thread.
People are so paranoid these days. When Nintendo said "Just log into the E-Shop to become an ambassador", I don't think they were lying.

That's because most people see "Free games" And I sure as hell want them for buying this thing for 200 solid. Hence the NINTENDO BETTER COMPENSATE ME OR ELSE I have going on.

Plus the free games are awesome and I want to play Metroid Fusion so so so so so so bad, but that's not really the point.
---
#7nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 7:46:50 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
I see. Thank you. Although if anything this makes me slightly moreso irate because it's caused me to worry about this, but I guess I'll have to suck it up. Can't complain when there's free games with no legal drawback, really.

EDIT: That isn't there. All I see are chains of "What's new on X of Month" reports.

You do NOT need the notification to get in. You only need to have logged in.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#8Sirian_HawkPosted 8/11/2011 7:52:41 PM(edited)
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Try scrolling down to find it in the news section. I haven't had mine for all that long so I only have 4 news messages (Ambassador/Nintendo Video/Netflix/Welcome!). I don't have the What's new one. Either way, just logging in to e-shop should have been enough as the other poster said. And like I said before, if September 1st comes and you aren't getting the games for free, just phone Nintendo customer support and they will straighten things out for you.

Also, you have spotpass turned on right? Perhaps you turned it off for some reason awhile ago, and haven't got the notification because of that. Even if so, you would still be qualified.

Edit: @nintendogger I know you don't need it but he wants to know for sure, so seeing the notification is proof and thus peace of mind.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#9FefnirOmega13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 8:04:49 PM
I... think my spotpass is on. I haven't seen any way to turn it off, except maybe for when I was date haxing the 3D Pokedex to get more entries.

The most recent news I have is "What's new on 11 August" And the most recent spotpass is about play coins, although I have the Nintendo Video spotpass before that.

But yeah. I appreciate the help, I'm just looking for peace of mind, so thanks.
---
#10nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 8:05:58 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...

Edit: @nintendogger I know you don't need it but he wants to know for sure, so seeing the notification is proof and thus peace of mind.

LOL, I was trying to give him peace of mind by stating he didn't need it. :) Get well soon TC!
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.