To those who have top screen scratches

#1LyricaliasPosted 8/11/2011 6:56:58 PM(edited)
Do the scratches affect the 3D effect at all? Does it make it harder to see? I was hoping that the scratches would be practically invisible while the backlight was lighting up the screen, but they seemed like pretty bad scratches in a youtube video I watched about it.

---
A Day in Vvardenfell - a comedic adventure through Morrowind!
http://vvardenfell.thecomicseries.com/
#2nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 6:56:41 PM
I have such a bad one that I'm getting it sent in. It is soooo noticeable and I hate it. My eye is literally drawn to it every single time I play. :(
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#3Lyricalias(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 6:57:37 PM
That sucks. I'm sorry. D:

I'm kind of annoyed by this. It seems really silly for a Nintendo handheld of all things to have this problem.
---
#4jeronimo777Posted 8/11/2011 6:59:02 PM(edited)
I have scratches on mine, but they aren't severe. I don't notice them when I'm playing 3DS games, but that may be because I'm used to them being there. They are a bit more noticeable when playing DS games, but they don't get in the way or anything.

If you do get the scratches, I suggest you clean the top screen every now and then, or use a cloth or screen protectors so that the scratches don't get any worse.
---
Squadala! We're off!
3DS FC - 0387-8783-7043
#5AP3BrainPosted 8/11/2011 6:58:06 PM
Hm... I better go get screen protectors and a nice cover... Haven't noticed any scratches on mine yet but I've been very careful with it.
#6nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 6:59:32 PM
Lyricalias posted...
That sucks. I'm sorry. D:

I'm kind of annoyed by this. It seems really silly for a Nintendo handheld of all things to have this problem.

I can send it in though, which is great. I can at least get a fixed version. Basically, you can't shut it like you can with the other DS's, and if you're used to it, it's a bad habit that's hard to break. As soon as I get it sent in and it comes back I'm going to be extra cautious.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#7Lyricalias(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:02:53 PM
nintendogger posted...
I can send it in though, which is great. I can at least get a fixed version. Basically, you can't shut it like you can with the other DS's, and if you're used to it, it's a bad habit that's hard to break. As soon as I get it sent in and it comes back I'm going to be extra cautious.

Is it fine if I shut it (gently) and never carry it around? I always leave my handhelds at home, in their charging spot, so I was wondering if it was safe to close it if it was going to be stationary.

The most tedious part of all of this is having to let my family that will be getting the 3DS know about this issue. I know it's sort of controlling or something, but I feel like I should warn them... It's a lot of money, and sending in a console is horrible. D:

But getting it back is certainly awesome. ^_^
---
#8nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 7:04:37 PM
Lyricalias posted...

Is it fine if I shut it (gently) and never carry it around? I always leave my handhelds at home, in their charging spot, so I was wondering if it was safe to close it if it was going to be stationary.

The most tedious part of all of this is having to let my family that will be getting the 3DS know about this issue. I know it's sort of controlling or something, but I feel like I should warn them... It's a lot of money, and sending in a console is horrible. D:

But getting it back is certainly awesome. ^_^

That could work, it comes with a little piece of white film, I suggest keeping that in between every time you're done.

BTW: You're gonna love the software. 3D is so awesome. :3
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#9MrBanballowPosted 8/11/2011 7:05:22 PM
*Had screen protectors on hand weeks before the system launched*

Didn't have any clue that something like this would happen, just thought it would be a safe bet. I need to order a replacement set some time soon. The bottom one's not so bad, but the top is looking worse for wear.

Hard to believe that Nintendo spent... who knows how much developing the system, and it got through QA with such an obvious design flaw. Worse that they haven't (from what I've seen / heard) really done anything about it.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#10Lyricalias(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:07:26 PM
nintendogger posted...
That could work, it comes with a little piece of white film, I suggest keeping that in between every time you're done.

BTW: You're gonna love the software. 3D is so awesome. :3

I'll do that. I'm the kind of person that gets obsessed with keeping their handhelds in good shape. :P

I'm already in love with the 3DS, and I've only tried it for mere moments at Best Buy. I can't wait to get one and experience it properly. What games do you recommend? So far I intend to buy Ocarina of Time 3D and maybe pilot wings.

Animal Crossing and Super Smash Brothers are obvious purchases when they come out, as well as Mario Kart. ^_^
---