Doesn't your eyes go crossed when playing a game?

#1DAH_JoePosted 8/11/2011 7:59:52 PM
I tried out a Mario game at a local GameStop and after a few seconds my eyes begin to cross to align with the 3Dness. I think I prefer glasses... Manily because each eye is looking at a different part of the same image and the other eye is looking at the other part. They aren't getting mixed up by looking at two of the same images lined up to preform an illusion of being in 3D.
---
Check profile for contacts.
#2FoofyheadPosted 8/11/2011 8:00:31 PM
there's probably something wrong with your eyes.

Else you aren't close enough to the machine, or level with it, or somethin'.
---
Winter is coming.
#3BBlackfordPosted 8/11/2011 8:02:24 PM
Um... So which Mario game did you exactly play on the 3DS?
#4nintendoggerPosted 8/11/2011 8:02:47 PM
I will tell you this, I legitimately have cross eye. My right eye crosses when I look down without my glasses on.

I've never had an issue with my eye crossing while playing the 3DS. (Though, I've gotten sore eyes, and one of the infamous headaches.) The longest I've played for is about 2 and half to 3 hours in one sitting. So, no, I don't think your eyes do go crossed when playing. You'd be able to feel it, if they did btw - trust me.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#5JohnwaltPosted 8/11/2011 8:02:50 PM
it might be an eye-problem, or you just needed to adjust the intensity of the 3d
---
Rosalina, Black Mage, and Masked man for SSB4!
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#6DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 8:03:24 PM
No, my eyes are fine. It's just that when looking at two different things crossed align to make a 3D image, it should make your eyes go cross eye because you're focus on the game more then setting your eyes to a comfort level.
---
#7TheDarkNerdPosted 8/11/2011 8:03:44 PM
The means of filtering doesn't change how your eyes adjust to the 3D. Wearing glasses or using a glasses-free screen, your eyes see the two images the same regardless. Your eyes will only do weird things to adjust if something appears closer to you than the screen, or really deep into it. If that's the case, and it's painful for you, turn the 3D down to less than half strength. You'll still get the feel for 3D, but everything will be roughly in the same field of depth.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#8DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 8:04:35 PM
I might of set the intensity of the image a bit too high, that's what probably causing my eyes to look towards my nose.
---
#9LightHawKnightPosted 8/11/2011 8:06:49 PM

Um... So which Mario game did you exactly play on the 3DS?

This.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/11/2011 8:07:24 PM
Possibly. I play with 3D at full blast since launch and I've never gone cross eyed.
---
Please, call me FF.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/623bored/72511.gif