Design fail

#1mike_90Posted 8/11/2011 7:31:19 PM
So I purchased a 3DS today and bought Link's Awakening DX. On three different occasions I accidentally pressed the power button intending to press the start button, since I'm still getting used to the new design. For some reason, you don't get a "you will lose all unsaved progress warning" and the game just quits, meaning I lost all my progress. Three times. Not happy.

As someone who owned a DS, it's just habit to press the button to the right of the bottom screen. Why no simple warning message?
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 8/11/2011 7:32:35 PM
You shall get accustomed to not pressing that. I've come close numerous times but haven't
---
Oi fishface! Lose something eh? Come to negotiate you slimy git? I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!?
#3LightHawKnightPosted 8/11/2011 7:33:03 PM
It is not a design fail. If you have ever owned any other system you would have known that buttons are placed differently all the freaking time. Learn to get rid of your muscle memory and the problem is solved. I actually look before pressing for the first day and after that I have yet to ever press the power button mistaking it for the start button.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4BadassZettaPosted 8/11/2011 7:33:41 PM
I still keep trying to reach above the ABXY buttons for start and select. :<
---
Pleinair doesn't fly.
She dodges the ground.
#5mike_90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:33:47 PM
I have no problem with the new design, I have a problem with no warning message
#6NekoakumaPosted 8/11/2011 7:34:06 PM
more like muscle memory fail.

nothing to do with the design.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#7Starwars4JPosted 8/11/2011 7:34:37 PM
It is Nintendo's fault that I can't remember where buttons are! Damn you, Nintendo!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8mike_90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 7:35:19 PM
Again I'm talking about the UI, not the hardware design.
#9LightHawKnightPosted 8/11/2011 7:35:45 PM

I have no problem with the new design, I have a problem with no warning message

It would be incredibly annoying to have a warning message everytime you turned off the system... But then again, it has the stupid power off thing after pressing it, which is rather pointless and annoying to begin with so the warning would fit. I rather them chuck the whole thing away instead though.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#10chickenturkey10Posted 8/11/2011 7:38:41 PM(edited)
No, you fail...

Anyways, that's what the Home button is for.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885